front sight elements

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

QUICKBRICK123

front sight elements

Post by QUICKBRICK123 »

Does anyone in the U.K know where I can buy front sight elements for my FWB 300s ? Also what is the best size to get for 10m shooting . A shooting pal has told me my element is too small as very little white is showing around the black . Thanks for your replys.
defblade

Post by defblade »

www.cityairweapons.com in Brum should be able to sort you out (gave me a few to try with my 2nd hand fwb 603). I believe the "right" size is whatever you prefer..... but it doesn't hurt to have a few to try!

Post by Guest »

Churchley Bros. (01903 246301) in Sussex are also worth a try.

For standing, an aperture of about 4.0mm, seems to be recommended as a good starting point. Though personal preference is very important.

Tim S

Exeter

UK
TWP

Post by TWP »

I don't know where to get them in the UK.

Here in the states any of the target specific shops like Neal J's, Champions Choice, Champions shooters Supply or our Host here Pilkguns would have them. Not sure if they would ship to the UK or not.

As to the size I've seen AR shooters use anywhere from a 3.6-4.2mm for standing. I'd say it is better to have it a little to large then a little too small.
QUICKBRICK123

FRONT SIGHT ELEMENTS

Post by QUICKBRICK123 »

defblade wrote:www.cityairweapons.com in Brum should be able to sort you out (gave me a few to try with my 2nd hand fwb 603). I believe the "right" size is whatever you prefer..... but it doesn't hurt to have a few to try!

I've emailed city air weapons & they have them in stock £3.95 for metal elements & £5.95 for perspex ones . They seem very helpful , replied to my email immediatly.
Raymac

Post by Raymac »

We manufacture plastic front sight elements for the old style FWB in .676" outside diameter [same size as Anschutz]. We do not make them for the large FWB sight which I believe is .781". If the .676" will fit your sight we would be pleased to send samples.
psf32

Post by psf32 »

Surrey guns will have them in stock, www.surreyguns.com you will need to call for price as no on the web site.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

3.8-4.2 seems very small to begin with. I'm using a 4.5mm anschutz foresight element with the little plastic tunnel inset in it right now, and even that seems a tad small for the beginning shooters in the club. Right now we use 5.0-5.3mm elements for them, depending on what we have to hand (must buy new ones for next year!). The larger the element, the less you notice wobble in your hold, and the less you overcontrol to eliminate it, and thus the better the results. Well. To a point, obviously - taking the element out alltogether and shooting with just the foresight tunnel is only a useful diagnostic, it's not a great way to shoot a match :D

But for a beginner (and I mean, the first time they shoot standing), I'd be tempted to not use an element at all. And when they did start using one, to start with the biggest I could get my hands on. When they're shooting a while, have the trousers and jacket and boots and good core stability, then bring out the <4.0mm elements, not before!
Ric

Post by Ric »

There is no set size for elements but you should be able to see a clear white ring around the black. If too big then it would be like trying to position a pea in the middle of a bucket and if too small then the black would be touching the element.