Diana 820

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

BM

Diana 820

Post by BM »

I hear a lot of rumours about the Diana 820 barrels. It seems to be that Christian Klees used this brand for his 600 score in Atlanta 1996.
My question is; does anybody have information about this rifle? I'm interested in buying one but I don't know enough about it to take the challenge.

Please help me, any information would be appreciated! Thanks!
ADC 59

Diana 820

Post by ADC 59 »

BM:
I have little information. I've seen a picture of the Diana 820 standard rifle and it looked to be in a stock similar to the Diana 100 air rifle. A free rifle version was also manufactured. I believe Sylvia Sperber used a Diana 820 (barreled action at least) to win the Women's 3 position in Seoul (1988).
Alan Carey
BM

Post by BM »

Thanks ADC 59! I also just found out that she won that medal with a Diana 820 barrel BUT with an Anschutz 'sportsstock'. I also heard that the action and trigger of the rifle was from an Anschutz (replacedment of the Diana) but I don't know for sure.

Any other/extra information would really be appreciated!

If you have any digital files/photo's don't hesitate to PM me!

Post by Guest »

I belive that Mike Babb, a British International, used a Diana for many years. This was with the factory stock and trigger, but later re-barreled. He has had some success with it at International and bRitish domestic level, the British national record was set with by Mike with his Diana.
crossshot

Post by crossshot »

I can take a few pics of my 820 and email them over if that is of any help. The only info I have with the rifle is a sheet showing the trigger detail and adjustment.