What Pardini to pick up?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
par

What Pardini to pick up?

Post by par »

I've been using a Pardini SP for 10 years until the trigger has worn out (now the first and second stages don't work very well -- difficult to set up).

Now I want to buy a new Pardini to compete in the Standard Pistol modality and after visiting the http://www.pardini.it/ website I found the following models available:

SP 1
SP NEW
SP 1 Rapid Fire
SP NEW Rapid Fire
SP

I want a mechanical trigger, thus which of the above guns is going to be the best choice?

Eventually, if there's no best choice I'd like to know the differences between those models.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

If you want the Standard Pistol version with a mechanical trigger then you only have to choose between the SP and the SP NEW. All of the others are either the Rapid Fire variants or have electronic triggers.

It seems that the main differences are that the SP has a counterweight system with 4 weights (6 on the SP NEW) and a "fixed" rearsight ("adjustable and changeable" on the SP NEW).
par

Post by par »

Thank you David for your quick asnwer!

Does the SP NEW worth the price of those extra features?

What differences occur between the SP NEW and the SP NEW Rapid Fire?
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Sorry Par I cannot answer any further, I was just going from the brochure on the Pardini site.

I am sure that others will be able to give a more in-depth answer.

Out of interest, why have you decided against the electronic trigger. Those who have the latest electronics modules seem to be delighted with them. Mind you, the same can probably be said of those with the mechanical triggers.
Manuel

Pardini SP New, SP NEW rapid fire

Post by Manuel »

I have the answer, but i no speak english very well,search a friend who
speak spanish: vivo en Uruguay y mi Federación recientemente ha importado varias Pardinis. Le preguntamos al fabricante que diferencias habia entre los dos modelos y nos respondio lo siguiente: el modelo rapid fire tiene un caño de mayor diametro,con lo que se logra al haber menor fricción, menor retroceso en el momento del disparo.Las barras que van dentro del contrapeso(6) son de tungsteno, más pesados que los de acero del modelo standard, por lo que la pistola se reeleva menos almomento del disparo, y la tercera diferencia es el cierre del obturador el cual es diferente. Estas tres diferencias hacen que la pistola se "mueva" menos en la mano, y no inflingen el nuevo reglamentode rapid fire pistol. El caño de mayor diámetro también hace que la pistola sea menos precisa,pero ese sacrificio de precisión se ve compenzado por el menor retroceso y de todas maneras no se sale del centro de la diana, que obiamente es mucho más grande que el de standard pistol. El fabricante recomienda si va a disparar las dos modalidades, la SP, si va a disparar solo rapid fire, la SP rapid fire, porque compensa la minima diferencia de precisión con las ventajas de su menor retroceso y equilibrio. Espero haberle sido de ayuda; saludos desde Uruguay.

Manuel Martinez.

Axel

Post by Axel »

Thank you Maunel !

I used babelfish to translate your spanish text to english - it came out pretty understandable.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/
Manuel

Post by Manuel »

You´re welcome my friend. Best regards.
Anders Turebrand

Post by Anders Turebrand »

Par,
Regrinding and honing the sear surfaces should bring the trigger back.

Unless the pistol is othervise worn out, I don´t think you will gain much in going to a new pardini.

Regards
Anders
sparky

Post by sparky »

I second the idea of having a trigger job done on the existing parts. Short of that, replacement of the sear and/or hammer should be MUCH cheaper than a whole new pistol.

Then again, if you're dead set on buying a new gun and are convinced the old one is not fixable, I might be willing to take it off your hands rather than let it be thrown away.
par

Post by par »

Is there a manual about how to replace those trigger parts? In a 1911 clone it's quite easy, but Pardinis are a whole different story!
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

par wrote:Is there a manual about how to replace those trigger parts? In a 1911 clone it's quite easy, but Pardinis are a whole different story!
A good gunsmith should be able to do it quite easily. If he need a manual to figure it out then get someone else to do it.
Neil Foster

Pardini

Post by Neil Foster »

I have the Pardini SP New, and according to the Pardini gunsmith Larry Carter there are a number of improvements in the trigger. Is the difference worth it? That is up to you and your pocketbook :-) I like my SP New, but can not compare it to the older SP. What ever you decide on, IMO you will not be sorry. Good shooting, think 10's
Neil