Standing position for FAT air rifle shooter

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

gog

Standing position for FAT air rifle shooter

Post by gog »

hi, I for months try to shoot 10m air rifle. (i shoot without shooting jacket,but with shooting glove only)
weight 93 kg
height 165 cm

but i only can shot barely 10 shot before my left arm get tired (righthand shooter). I cannot rest my left elbow at my rib, so i rest it at my rib cage.

is it even possible for fat people to shoot 10m air file ?

thanks in advance
TWP

Post by TWP »

A shooting jacket will help a lot.
Jake Rifle 300

Post by Jake Rifle 300 »

Look gog,it is very posable to shoot 3-p air rifle i also an fat and i average 290s (querter) and 580s (half) and i am co-captain of my high school rifle team and our captain is fatter then me. so gog, stick with it get the gear and relax and most important have fun at what you are doing and dont give up. it take fatter people longer to learn but when we do they better watch out. fat people can shoot great.
Guest22

Post by Guest22 »

Are you kidding me? I'm afraid to shoot against a fat person! Just check out some of the Camp Perry records and match them with stature...
BM

Post by BM »

ever tried a belt? Put your elbow onit and you have free support! ;)
Hans A.

Post by Hans A. »

I think it's against the rule if you rest your elbow on your belt. But I think none of the ROs will check it anyway.

Hans
BM

Post by BM »

Officially you use the belt to keep your pant in position but almost every world-class shooter uses it to rest his elbow. And because it's underneath your jacket nobody will see it! Btw, it's not prohibited, it's not mentioned in the rules.
Hans A.

Post by Hans A. »

A quick glance to my 2005 ISSF rule book seems to prove that you' re right.

"7.4.7.9.1 ... If a belt is worn in the standing position, the buckle or fastening must not be used to support the left arm or elbow...."

Hans
tseuG

Do fat rifleros degenerate (or progress) to pistoleros?

Post by tseuG »

The fat rifleshoter scenario/problematichs has been discussed in dept at this forum a little more than one year ago.

If memory serves me right, some "charismatic gentlemen", frequenting these coloumns, concludet that (too) fat rifle firers turned to firing pistols as they steadily grow older and/or fatter.

Or was it the other way around?
Can anyone clear up this matter again?

93 kgs, 165 cm translates to roughly 210 lbs, 5´ 5". Not awsome, but definitely not skinny.

Pistol shooters could actually benefit from a large belly, I think, as it can give some support to the shooting arm just at the junction torso/shoulder.

tseuG
Spencer C

Re: Do fat rifleros degenerate (or progress) to pistoleros?

Post by Spencer C »

tseuG wrote:...Pistol shooters could actually benefit from a large belly, I think, as it can give some support to the shooting arm just at the junction torso/shoulder.tseuG
I doubt that my wife, my doctor, or my dietician would agree that this is sufficient excuse for my shape, but I will give it a try

Spencer C