Wich shooting jacket choose

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Wich shooting jacket choose

Post by Guest »

Boas...

It´s time to buy a new shooting jacket (for air rifle and prone position)
I couldn´t yet decide: Anschütz mod.:Scorpion art.:nr.:167 STENVAAG-DESIGN... or ...Sauer Model: "Advantage" Item No.: 128.

A friend told me that Anschütz is better than Sauer...

Obrigado
Thank you
Bill Poole

Post by Bill Poole »

Boa tarde!

Kurt Thune is also very highly thought of. I have their economy model, TL1, but I only shoot rifle prone. Two other local shooters have their top of the line coats & pants... and then there's boots, gloves, mats....

voce de onde?

ate logo...

Poole
http://arizona.rifleshooting.com/

I´m from...

Post by Guest »

Bill Poole wrote:Boa tarde!

Kurt Thune is also very highly thought of. I have their economy model, TL1, but I only shoot rifle prone. Two other local shooters have their top of the line coats & pants... and then there's boots, gloves, mats....

voce de onde?

ate logo...

Poole
http://arizona.rifleshooting.com/

Portugal, Porto
http://stp.planetaclix.pt/
BM

Post by BM »

I suggest the Kustermann jacket. It lasts very long, easy to measure and simply simple!

www.kustermann-shooting.com
ksilver

Post by ksilver »

Just bought new Thune Jacket and Trousers, made to measure, expensive, but I had a good look at lots of kit before I bought and I felt the Thune was just that bit better.

I know a lot of people with Monard kit but the detailing around the shoulder strap was never quite right and the upper arm for the sling always looks too low with many people having their slings anchored above the pad!

I also saw a Sauer jacket and was very tempted but I think the Thune trousers are better.

Anschutz jackets? personally I can't think of a decent shooter who uses one. In fact I can't think of anyone who uses them so can't really comment.

If it's within your budget go for a Thune if not my next choice would be a Sauer.
Ken

Post by Guest »

Anschutz jackets and pants are worn by or were worn by:
Mattew Emmons (before he switched to Thune)
Eric Uptagrafft
Christian Planer
Harald Stenvaag
Christian Klees (Olympic Record prone 600/600)
Tino Mohaupt

So that's enough to make sure that Anschutz clothing is OK!
asmir

Post by asmir »

I just picked up my made to order pants and jacket and I like them. I think the most important thing is to make sure you get a made to measure jacket. Off the rack jackets never fit quite perfect. Also, make sure that you get measured by someone who knows how to do it right as that really determines if your jacket will fit or not. I had worn jackets and pants that did not quite fit and let me tell it is not the same.
P.S. Mine are Sauer, and I had very pleasant experience dealing with them.
Ric

Post by Ric »

Thune are the only way to go if you want the best but only if you get M2M and get measured by an expert.
babyboy141720

Post by babyboy141720 »

i have monard and i thik it is a very great choice but to tell you the truth it is a personally prefence. but i would say if you wnat to get something that is going to last you a lont time and stay stiff i would go ahead and get either the custum monard or the custom thune. yea it is going to be a little expensive but in the long run it will may off.

Post by Guest »

if thune is the only way to fly then why dont the chinese use them?....just a thought.