simple question

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

dtab55

simple question

Post by dtab55 »

Ok, I have a real simple one.... If you buy a Anschutz 1903, it does not come with sights. Does it come ready to have sights added without much work? Thanks.
JohnD

Post by JohnD »

There is a dovetail on top of the receiver. The Anschutz rear sight (and some other brands) slides right on. No modification or adapters are required. The front sight slides onto either a similar dovetail or a standard sight block. Either way, no drilling or special work is required. Any place that sells the sights will have the blocks.
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

Another bit of information. Any Anschutz target sight made since the beginning will work. So, you can buy the rifle then go on ebay and buy a used rear sight and save a little. You will most likely need to buy a new front sight. The newer rifles (1903 included) have the barrel dovetailed while the older rifles used to use a dovetail sight block that was screwed onto the muzzle. These sights are not interchangable. The newer style fronts like you will need are not too common used.
TWP

Post by TWP »

Usually simple questions require a complex answer.

In this case it's not true.

Anschutz target rifles come without sights. The are very easy to install. A lot of shooters remove their sights for transport and re-install them for matches.

Dtab55,

I noticed you are in NVa. I am too. Where do you shoot at?

Edited to add:

Just saw your PM. I'm replying there.
dtab55

Post by dtab55 »

I just shoot at the NRA range, cause its close. I moved from CT a few years ago, and haven't done much shooting since. BUt I'm jumping back into it. Hope I haven't lost that much. :)