Chamber and dry fire plugs

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
diopter

Chamber and dry fire plugs

Post by diopter »

Anyone know of a Canadian or US sources for a plastic .22lr combination safe flag/chamber plug/dry firing device?
Saw a new member with one on their Trailside, after I just finished stoning the chamber face of my IZH after it slamfired twice upon releasing the slide to chamber a round.

It sort of caght the attention of everyone on the firing line.
Tried 80 odd rounds after stoning and it seems ok now, but i don't want to have stone it too often.
Fred Mannis

Chamber flags

Post by Fred Mannis »

1 520 601-5 Hammerli Dry Firing Plugs (Pkg of 5) $6.40

are available at larrysguns.com
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

In Canada you can contact Jocelyn Langlois at Cibles Canada Targets (www.targets.ca). He has several varieties available.

Post by Guest »

For dry firing:
Might not be politically correct, but I read or was told, the plastic anchors used for screwing into drywall work just as well at a fraction of the price of the Hammerli plugs. I will admit that I've not tried them yet, I still have some of the overpriced Hammerli plugs to consume.
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

Dummy rounds from Brownells can be used as snap caps as well as for testing magazine, action function, etc

367-022-002 .22 Long Rifle, per 50 $6.77

About 1/10 the cost of the Hammerli plugs, which are a rip off. I use WeedEater cord as an unloaded chamber flag.
Neil Foster

Empty Chamber Indicator

Post by Neil Foster »

Fred Mannis wrote:
I use WeedEater cord as an unloaded chamber flag.
I have used the weed eater filaments as well, with one of the disposable ear plugs glued to the end. The plugs I have on hand have one-half of the plug with a bright orange end. I use CA cement to hold it in place. Cheap, and they work. I use it on my free pistol as well.
Neil
diopter

Post by diopter »

I'll try Jocelyn tomorrow. I haven'ty talked to him since getting my Gehmann rifle front and rear sight irises from him this past summer.
diopter

Plugs

Post by diopter »

With the enclosed breach area of the IZH35M, it would be next to impossible ro insert and remove dummy rounds that do not have a flag/handle.
olli

Re: Plugs

Post by olli »

diopter wrote:With the enclosed breach area of the IZH35M, it would be next to impossible ro insert and remove dummy rounds that do not have a flag/handle.
It helps a lot if you have the magazine inserted.