Muzzle velocity fluctuation in Anshcutz 8002

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

rum4m

Muzzle velocity fluctuation in Anshcutz 8002

Post by rum4m »

Have got a brand new 8002 a week ago. Yesterday measured its velocity with a chrono which had shown quite a big spread - up to 6 m/s in 10 shots. I rate it as too high as on my LG110 I have +/- 0.5 m/s on average.

Any thoughts why this could be?
TWP

Post by TWP »

My guess would be something is not right with the presssure regulation.

But the bigger question than the velocity, is How does it shoot?
rum4m

Post by rum4m »

Today was shooting from a bench on 25m - the groups are quite poor if compared to Steyr,e.g. About 10-12 mm edge to edge with different types of pellets incl. JSB, H&N Baracuda, Diana Rastatt, Daystate ...

Interestingly, that on the 10m distance it shoots perfectly - a single hole of no more than 6mm in diameter.
BM

Post by BM »

The rifle is designed for 10 meter with RWS pellets. A slight velocity-diversuty is normal (+/- 3mtr/s) but the main case is that the group still has the same size.

Your problem might be;
- weak rubbers
- bad air regulator
- bad chrono?

Btw, if you want to shoot on further distances you can turn the pressure screw fully open (look in your manual). I don't say it's good for your rifle (compensators) but it will most probably do the job at 25 mtr!
BM

Post by BM »

The rifle is designed for 10 meter with RWS pellets. A slight velocity-diversuty is normal (+/- 3mtr/s) but the main case is that the group still has the same size.

Your problem might be;
- weak rubbers
- bad air regulator
- bad chrono?

Btw, if you want to shoot on further distances you can turn the pressure screw fully open (look in your manual). I don't say it's good for your rifle (compensators) but it will most probably do the job at 25 mtr!
rum4m

Post by rum4m »

Thank you. I think the velocity fluctuation is related to regulator though. Also it's due to fouling of the bore. Once cleaned, it gives the most dispersion, then less and less. When subsequently flyers start to appear it shoots +/- 0.8 m/s which is quite not that bad.

In the manual there's no word about pressure regulator and its screw. If you have, would you please re-publish here?
BM

Post by BM »

The screw for velocity adjustment is mostly right underneath your rear-sight. I use an Anschutz 2002 alu and it is between the stock and the diopter, a black screw. Because the 8002 is a basic version of the 9003 I don't know for sure if it has the screw too.

Adjustments af the screw are mostly done to increase/decrease speed for better grouping/feeling and eventually scores!