Unique DES 32 knowledge?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
James Hurr

Unique DES 32 knowledge?

Post by James Hurr »

Anyone had experience of the Unique DES 0.32?

There is one reasonably priced locally, I reckon it could be a good counterpart to my Izh35.
St Paul

Post by St Paul »

Discontinued for several ears.
Some reliability issues. Service life of recoil buffer very short. Damaged buffers caused som cracks in frames.
Used some by CICM crews. They travelled with a bag of spare buffers, I was told.
If you only shoot occasionally it will do for some time.
Scott H.

Post by Scott H. »

I own one.

Beautiful gun. Unique has been out of business since 2001 or so (Mine was tested by the factory in 2000.) I haven't had any reliability issues. I'll check the manual, but I know of no buffer on the DES 32. Now, the FAS 603 is a 32 with a recoil buffer that needs to be replaced, but, obviously, a different gun.
AnonJohn

We think alike James

Post by AnonJohn »

I own one.

I lucked out and picked up a new unfired one. No case and only one mag. It's still in the safe unfired. I 've looked around for more mags, etc. There's nothing to be found. And I think that's the problem really, not whether it's more prone to breaking, but if it ever does, you're done. But from everything else I've heard, it's an awesome pistol. And so sooner or later I'll start feeding it some .32 S&W LWC's.

John
James Hurr

DES 0.32 Cracking

Post by James Hurr »

A local dealer has another on sale with the caveat "slide has been repaired (was cracked in normal place)" so I guess the comments above are accurate.
cashye

Unique .32

Post by cashye »

I have one too. I shot about 300 rounds a month. To the best of my knowledge and cleaning it after every time I fire it, it hasn't been cracked. AnonJohn If you every get the inkling to sell it give me a bell. It's a great gun to shot.