what's better than hammerli ???????????????????[/

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
mouse999

what's better than hammerli ???????????????????[/

Post by mouse999 »

i owe a hammerli 280 with both 22lr and 32 conversion..........i don't do very good in the 22lr olympic rapid fire shooting with it on the contrary in the standerd and center shooting events...........so can any one give me an advice on what gun can i buy that proved 2 do well in the 22lr olympic rapid fire shooting and the prices for it

thanks a lot in advance
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

You forgot the price. How fast can you reload that thing?
James Hurr

Rapid Fire

Post by James Hurr »

The first question is why do you do badly with the 280?
Is it lack of training or the pistol?

What is it???

Post by Guest »

David Levene

Re: What is it???

Post by David Levene »

Anonymous wrote:What is it??
Bloomin' dangerous (sorry, I couldn't resist)
mouse999

Post by mouse999 »

it just doesn't go smoothly in the 4 second .....the gun acts very nice in the standard shooting but lack of control when moving between the 5 targets in the 22lr olympic rapid fire shooting.....just simple as that
Neil Foster

To the guest

Post by Neil Foster »

Are you K1DEU ??
Neil N4FN
gcler

Re: what's better than hammerli ???????????????????[/

Post by gcler »

[Practice, practice, practice.......and PRACTICE again !!!!!!!this i what I do Guy
Bill Poole

Post by Bill Poole »

http://hamelectronics.com/k1deu/pages/h ... 1_390h.jpg

that looks like a device for launching the support string for a temporary ham radio antenna :)

another demanding gadget hobby, which is why I think we see so many folks involved in both (not necessarily at the same time)

Poole
AA4Q
Mike T.

Better than Hammerli?

Post by Mike T. »

I think we are all challenged by the short recovery time available between shots in the 4-second series. Some of us manage better than others of course (I'm not one of them, as my scores attest). Training and practice are paramount for mastering this stage. Nevertheless, the consensus seems to be that a pistol with a "low-to-the-hand" bore-line offers an advantage in reduced muzzle rise during recoil, as compared to a pistol with a higher bore-line. Reduced muzzle rise equates to shorter recovery time between shots. While the Hammerli 280 has a lower bore-line than an S&W Model 41 or a High Standard Supermatic Citation or even an Hammerli 208, there are pistols with an even lower bore-line (for instance, the Pardini SP, the Matchguns MG2, and the Baikal IZH 35 - to mention just three). So, yes, in the sense that they may offer reduced muzzle rise and consequent shorter recovery time, there are better pistols for Olympic Rapid Fire than the Hammerli 280. Not to say that a practiced shooter with a 280 couldn't do very well with one.
Now I haven't compared the Hammerli SP20 against the 280. I suspect the former has a lower bore-line than the latter, but I better check that out.
Last edited by Mike T. on Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike T.

SP20 vs 280

Post by Mike T. »

Yes, the SP20 does have a lower bore-line than the 280, so there is another contender.