training time

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
lucky

training time

Post by lucky »

before some replies,let me just say i know the difference betwwen just shooting lots and quality training time,i also average 3to1 dry firing. simple queation at world class level air pisyol shooting what is the average time a week spent acyual shootng , dry firing and how many pellets fired in aeek to maintain an d get to taht level as an examole serge the olympic pistol coach told me about 25,000 rouns a yaer at rappid fire to maintain world class level how about air pistol,again i understand 10 minutes of quality better than 1 hr of just shooting
thanks
Lucky
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

I don't know the complete answer but I'd guess if you're holding down a full time job then you probably haven't got the time to be world class (or rather not be a podium finisher - which is after all what counts). I would recon on 4-5 hours a day 5 days a week as a very rough estimate. That will be split into mental, physical, shooting, dry firing etc. You can't just say x thousand rounds - it isn't that simple and varies betweeen individuals and as you mention you can still shoot tons of lead and still be rubbish.

Rob.
Greg Derr

Post by Greg Derr »

Rob is correct in thet it varies for each shooter. In my peak I would train 3-4 days a week, shoot at least two matches and run three times a week. I think that once I imprinted all the good things about shooting after five years at this level, training actually was cut back, made more focused on a particular technic. I taked with the Chinese, Russians, Germans, and Italians all the time it seemed as though they all did about the same thing. Once they got to the world level, training was more maintenance. They would also ramp up for a large match or a bit before the WC season. Greg