I got an "E" gun, I got an "E" gun!!

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
AnonJohn

I got an "E" gun, I got an "E" gun!!

Post by AnonJohn »

After years of shooting my Mark II Ruger I finally decided to see what an upgrade in equipment could do for me. Now I've got an "E" gun like the big boys! You know what I mean of course, all the serious shooters have "E" guns. Guns like: HammerlE, PardinE, MorinE and BenellE. I'm the proud owner of a new Hammerli 280. Yeah yeah I know, the plastic Hammerli, but it'll serve this Expert Ruger shooter as I continue the climb upwards.

Though having just finished a 50 foot NRA postal match with it, I have to say, I've got some sight relearning to do. Those iron sights weren't as kind to me as my red dot. SF was okay, but TF and RF were just plain ugly!

John
trinity

Re: I got an "E" gun, I got an "E" gun!!

Post by trinity »

Don't you mean an "i" gun? All of them end in "i", hehe, even though they are pronounced "e" :-)

Congrats, I'd take a 280 even though I own a number of Pardinis. It was trying out a friend's 280 that got me into shooting Sport Pistol in the first place. Of course, out shooting that person with their own gun didn't hurt my confidence either :-)

Happy Holidays!
-trinity
AnonJohn wrote:After years of shooting my Mark II Ruger I finally decided to see what an upgrade in equipment could do for me. Now I've got an "E" gun like the big boys! You know what I mean of course, all the serious shooters have "E" guns. Guns like: HammerlE, PardinE, MorinE and BenellE. I'm the proud owner of a new Hammerli 280. Yeah yeah I know, the plastic Hammerli, but it'll serve this Expert Ruger shooter as I continue the climb upwards.

Though having just finished a 50 foot NRA postal match with it, I have to say, I've got some sight relearning to do. Those iron sights weren't as kind to me as my red dot. SF was okay, but TF and RF were just plain ugly!

John
AnonJohn

Poh-tato / Puh-tato

Post by AnonJohn »

A Pardini was my first choice - maybe next year. You've got to be flexible when an opportunity comes your way. And I love my Morini air pistol - who knows, maybe I'll get brave enough to take it to Toronto.

John