Oregon/SW Washington Events

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
scout18

Oregon/SW Washington Events

Post by scout18 »

Hey, any of you shooters local to me, how about a list of AP events in the area? Is there a source or some place that these events might be listed?
bobledoux

Post by bobledoux »

In some past years a winter PTO series was held at Portland Rifle and Pistol Club or the Emerald Club near Springfield. Oregon State University had a few pto's one winter.

Events have been cancelled because of lack of interest. At one free pistol pto the range officer had to compete to provide a second competitor.
jackh

Post by jackh »

Portland R&P schedules a Sectional for International and Conventional in March. My Emerald Empire Club could get a few shooters together for a AP-600 if there was more interest. We even have a former Olympian in our area, but overall, international interest is very small. We also have a wonderful 50yd outdoor facility. But I have not seen a freepistol there in years. There seems to be several sitdown benchrest airgunners and a few airgun silhouette shooters. Luckily our Jr rifle group is pretty gung-ho. OSU has had NCAA shooters in the past. I do not know if they do now. An OSU group competes in our gallery league. We just beat them :)

The OSU range is a neat old building with a ground floor and an upperlevel floor for shooters.
scout18

Post by scout18 »

Jack does your club have a website or a schedule of matches? The only matches I have shot have been at the PR&P here in Portland and a Postal match that the Natinal Guard does in January. I have heard some talk of a club in Vancouver Washington but not much else.
jackh

Post by jackh »

Vancouver Club (towards Battleground) has some hotshot shooters. Probably the strongest in our gallery league. At least one HM shoots high level international. Check at Tri County GC in Sherwood. Emerald Empire does not have a website. Our club is very diverse, and no one discipline is very large. We are open the the sporting public with a range up to 100yds. For members we have 10m-50ft indoor smallbore and air. 25 and 50yd outdoor 28 point conventional pistol. Up to 200 yds rifle. Also one site for shotgun, a plinking range, and some archery along with youth program called YHEC. Thats nature, orienteering, shooting, etc. Cowboy has not started at Emerald, but it is strong north in Albany.