10 meter air pistol scores

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

10 meter air pistol scores

Post by Guest »

just started shooting 10meter air pistol. and would like to know what is a good score. just shoot my 2nd match.
1st match 484/600
2nd match 524/600
thank you for all feedback
royce
Greg Derr

Post by Greg Derr »

Royce- You are doing very well. Don't get hung up on score. Think performance. Set a reasonable goal and work on that. Maybe like keeping all the shots in the black to start. Good luck keep up the good work. Greg
cdf

Post by cdf »

You are doing very well . You must have a fair amount of prior handgun experience ?

Chris
matt_gb

Post by matt_gb »

like greg said dont get hung up on scores i men 524 for your second match is excellent but you want to get your mental and personal side right before you worry about scores i shoot 530s-550s on average and ive been shooting seriously around a year so keep up the good work
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Royce:

Welcome to the sport! Just as frustrating as golf, but without the scenery . . .

My $0.02 is to focus on developing skills tied to the right behaviors; the scores will come later. Work on fundamentals. Holes in the paper downrange are an unecessary distraction.

Happy Shooting!

Steve

Post by Guest »

i mainly shoot IDPA. have never shoot bullseye. i have a girl 15 who is shooting 10 meter air rifle, so i starting shooting air pistol for fun 10 weeks ago. i when ahead and get my self a lp2. thanks for the feedback
Royce
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Steve Swartz wrote:Holes in the paper downrange are an unecessary distraction.
Amen to that. Shot my second ever AP match this weekend (pistols are only just back on the scene in Ireland). First five shots, focussed only on what I was doing. Then brought the card back:

And the sight of it threw me so much, I started wondering how well I was shooting while I was still shooting. Second card came back looking like this as a result:

And by the end of the match, my shot "group" looked like this:

That's a bad grouping for a shotgun! :D

So don't focus on the scores, don't focus on the results, just focus on getting the technique right. And don't worry about kit either - that first card was done using a club IZH-46M (thanks by the way Scott - that was the one you shipped to Ireland last week - after the first card we decided we'd keep it! :) )
jlochey

What Sparks said...

Post by jlochey »

I cannot agree more with what Sparks has said about his 3 target example of the power/detriment of losing your focus on the elements of shooting that matter....

I do it all the time... : 0

John
matt_gb

Post by matt_gb »

also you have to understand how hard it can be to concerntrate on you not the score just dont worry about your score worry about what youre doing and the scores will come. my friend jim whos been shooting for 4 years i think has only just got over the 450 mark because he was worying about scores now hes in there with the top junior in britain which is far from whats happening to me at the moment but mostly have fun. oh you can get some books which help you relax and think about pos. if you ever have time look for one there useful i always keep one with me in competitions
ricklee

Post by ricklee »

i see that your progress is quite rapid but one thing is to not lose faith if you stop seeing obvious improvement in your scores.

what sparks does is a great idea it tells you your grouping. dont worry too much about scores with good groupings scores will come naturally.

have a good time every time you go shooting.
cdf

Post by cdf »

Amen to forgetting about scores, I shot my first 550 three days ago , and became score obcessed , i eas unable to duplicate it . That taught me a valuable lesson , I'm now focussing on a clean shot process . The paperwork will take care of itself '

Chris