Anybody shoot a Pardini K-58...??? For competition?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jlochey

Anybody shoot a Pardini K-58...??? For competition?

Post by jlochey »

Does anybody shoot/like the Pardini K-58...???

For competition?
CraigE

k58

Post by CraigE »

Like very much. Have shot in competition without problem of tiring. Matter of being used to it. Excellent trigger and reliability. Good value. MHO, CraigE
jlochey

About that gun...

Post by jlochey »

You have to cock it after every shot.

A couple question about it if you don't mind:

1) You have to cock it each time right?
2) Why did you buy this one vs. a similiarly priced PCP?
3) Can you compare it to the Baikal IZZY at all?

Thanks for your input and time.

John
Gene

Pardini K58

Post by Gene »

I shoot one in league competition.
It is a single stroke pneumatic and yes, it has to be cocked for each shot.
For the last couple of years I have been cocking it with the cocking lever on the bench because a 60 shot match causes some fatigue if I cock it with the muzzle vertical. But then I'm pushing 68 years.
The K58 is very well made. Sturdy. Trigger is superb in every way. Some think the K58 is a bit nose heavy. The sliding barrel weight allows you to change the balance to suit your preference.
The IZZY is an excellent SSP for the $$, but the K58 is better in every respect, especially reliability, but much more expensive.
I have had shooters tell me they wish they had bought an SSP instead of a PCP, but I don't see any of them trading away their PCPs. I think they like the idea of the freedom from tanks the SSP offers but they prefer the ease of operation of the PCP.
You pays your money and you takes your choice. Good luck.
Bill177

Compare the K-58 and the Izzy

Post by Bill177 »

I have had both. Hence, my quick observations:

The Izzy if way easier to cock than the K58.

Both have good triggers.

Both are very accurate air pistols.

The grips on the K-58 are very good.

The grips on the Izzy are made from uncut 2x4s (but, can easily be customized, as I did mine).

The K-58 comes in a nice hard shell case.

The Izzy comes in a cardboard box.

The K-58 is easier to repair than the IZZY and has less moving parts. Simple can mean better reliability - although I hear of no Izzys falling apart.

Both come with a few tools.

Parts are available for both.

The Izzy is more nose heavy than the K-58.

The K-58 is way more expensive than the Izzy and will not hold its value as well as the Izzy.

Want to get an introduction to 10-meter international type shooting? Get an Izzy. If you don't care for it after a few months/weeks, you can sell the Izzy for nearly what you paid for it. The K-58 will be difficult to sell and you WILL lose several hundred dollars in the process.

There is a web page about the IZZY at:
http://izzy.w2blc.com/

Bill
jlochey

Thanks to all... Another quick question...

Post by jlochey »

OK, I have an IZZY with custom grips and really like it.

It the Pardini the "next step up"? I like the SSP guns myself.

John
Bill177

You must be sitting on top of your computer

Post by Bill177 »

I still have the Izzy. I sold the K-58. That is a personal thing with me. I did not care for the K-58 and replaced it with a K2 in Co2. It was, for me, a good choice and I enjoy the K2 very much.

Why the Co2 model? That is another story, which has been beaten to death on this forum.

On a good day I can shoot in the 570s with either gun (Izzy or the K2). On bad days I don't shoot at all.

The problem is: Each one of us has different goals, styles, preferences, etc. It is very hard to judge based on another's experiences. I suggest you find a K-58 and shoot it - a lot, before making and decisions.

And, yes. The SSP and a tin of pellets is all you need. No tanks, valves, etc.
CraigE

Tough call

Post by CraigE »

Personally, I think the K58 more closely approachs match pistols costing quite a bit more. That being said, unless you can get a K58 reasonably, there is nothing wrong with the IZH. I know this sounds like a waffle, but the alternate consideration is that if you definitely prefer SSP, then the K58 is a great value in a match pistol with all the refinements short of CO2 or PCP. I have one; I am not selling or trading it. (I also started with an IZH). The pistol is a back-up that I enjoy shooting but I use a K2S as primary.
CraigE
jlochey

CraigE... Your K2, a question...

Post by jlochey »

CraigE,

You have the Pardini K2 right? In PCP you said, right?

My question is about the CO2 version of that gun. Does it just take a CO2 cartridge? Or do you fill it some other way?

The K2 seems like a real nice gun, would you highly recommend it?

What does the "S" denote? Weight?

Thanks for your wisdom,

John
CraigE

K2s

Post by CraigE »

Don't know what the "s" is for. The CO2 version requires bulk supply to fill the pistol cylinder. Excellent pistol with elegant refinements over the K60 (CO2) that I had been shooting, yet with the elements that make the Pardini pistols very comfortable for me. I have not had this pistol very long....about 250 pellets through it. So far, very happy. Out of the box, first shots were 10's......time will prove out the rest. CraigE

Post by Guest »

Here's the text from the Pardini website,
The S version is a new air version of the K2. They still carry a CO2 version (the K2 CO2).
Cheers,
Bob

The "K60" only lacked that "something extra"; the enterprising decision was taken to re-design the pistol based on years of often victorious competitive shooting experience . This is how the Pardini "K2" was born and it was completely new compared to its predecessor.
It was produced just as Roberto Di Donna won the gold medal at the Olympic Games of Atlanta in 1996.
The "K2" was originally designed with a CO_ supply system, continuing the path undertaken with the "K60". Since 1998, in-line with current trends, the "K2S" air pistol version has also been available.
With this pistol the French marksman Frank Dumoulin won the gold medal in Sydney 2000 and the Bulgarian Maria Grozdeva won the bronze medal at the Athens Olympics in 2004.
Since 2004 the "K2 Restyling" range of models has been produced with many new technical features (grip, trigger with five adjustment options, a lighter air cylinder and gun barrel, a new compressed air supply valve and a compensator).