PRACTICED SHOOTING WITH BEAMHIT

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

darticus

PRACTICED SHOOTING WITH BEAMHIT

Post by darticus »

Shooters have been asking about practice shooting equipment so here goes.
I have two beamhits set up.I have a 110 set up at work as a demo for customers and a 190 set up at my home for me. I shoot all day at work with the smallest mask in the beam hit at a distance of 15 to 35 feet.All I want to do is hit the bull 50 out of 50.A hard job as the smallest mask is about a 9-10 on a 10 meter target.By practicing I seem to be able to at least improve on the earlier weeks shooting.For the price I find it great for dry firing, better than a wall, and it tells you with sound you hit.No wires and instant setup.Can even be taken on trips.
The 190 is great for me and anyone that wants to improve their shooting skills indoors in the cold winter.This uses your desktop or laptop to register your hits.The settings I tried were, HITS which shows all your hits on the target, TRACE shows each hit removing the earlier hit and PLOT which show your recent hit along with a small x on the earlier hits.Each hit is numbered on the computer screen.When you feel a great shot take a look and see.A nice print out of a nice shooting session is also available.
I had a great day with the 190 today and with the rain outside I was still able to shoot without ammo in my home.
Both unit use a laser that is only fired when the gun is dry fired.Both units are priced very reasonably. For the juniors or adults.This is not the big costly trainer but it does what I need, the same thing I get when shooting targets outside in the nice weather. Any of your pistols, rifles, shotguns or airguns can be used if capable of dry fire(use a snap cap in live ammo guns) Practice makes perfect?
darticus

BEAMHIT AND 10 METER

Post by darticus »

Used the 10 meter target today.You shoot at 9 meters or 28 feet as the target is scaled to be correct at this distance.Very interesting results on a cold day inside.Used my LP 10.
Attachments
beamhit2.JPG
darticus

Beamhit close up

Post by darticus »

Just the computer screen.
Attachments
beamhit1.JPG
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

BLOODY SPAMMER!!!!

Shame.

Hope you at least had the honor to pay Scott for the advertising.
darticus

BEAMHIT FETISH

Post by darticus »

What's your problem, someone mentions beamhit you loose it! Sounds like a LUCY episode.After spending 1000's with Scott I think he understands.GET A LIFE!
Jose Rossy

Post by Jose Rossy »

I like it. Can you display US NRA smallbore and highpower rifle targets, or are ISSF targets the only ones available?

That's not a deal breaker, but I would certainly prefer to have all three to match the disciplines I shoot.
Jose Rossy

Post by Jose Rossy »

Steve Swartz wrote:BLOODY SPAMMER!!!!

Shame.

Hope you at least had the honor to pay Scott for the advertising.
Lighten up, Francis.

Some of us found the post informative enough to make offline inquiries that we otherwise wouldn't have.
Jake Rifle 300

Post by Jake Rifle 300 »

The thing looks awsome i wish my team could get something like it:)