Benelli Kite update (if anybody cares)

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
william

Benelli Kite update (if anybody cares)

Post by william »

After just about a year with the Kite, I thought some might be interested in a few longer term observations.
The positives:
1. My first impressions of great balance and nice trigger continue.
2. The cylinder is amazing - I can shoot 3 full matches + sighters and still have air remaining.
3. I am especially impressed with the Nill grip - the fit was perfect out of the box. Old age and nerve damage notwithstanding, I can hold without pain or fatigue almost as long as the cylinder holds air. Pity Nill can't keep a dealer in North America!
Now the negatives, and they are minor:
1. The screw that serves as the dryfire lever pivot and the screw that locks it in place had a nasty habit of backing out. A drop of clear nail polish on the threads cured that problem.
2. The screw that holds the trigger on its rotational axis also liked to loosen at the worst possible moments. Nail polish on the threads fixed that as well.
3. Why do they use a rear sight that needs a tool to adjust?
I still think it's a very good pistol and great value for money. No regrets.
jlochey

Thank you for the review...!

Post by jlochey »

I have been seriously pondering this gun as the next step up from my IZZY... Thanks for the review.

John
James

Post by James »

William I have been having the same problems!

Pivot screw gets loose in the middle of a match ever since i loosened it to move it.

Safty pivot screw will back out

And another problem I have had is the gun goes off if you close the breech too quickly, the sear seems to be breaking in, so I had to increase the sear engagment. I like the panel on the side that can be removed to show the trigger workings. The pistol is not a true two stage so the engagment is very small, making the pistol possibly unsafe.

I strongly agree with the positive points, The larger cylinder diameter gives 200 shots, and 220 before noticable poi drop.