suspenders and belt

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

suspenders and belt

Post by Guest »

Boas...

In the last Portuguese National Championship Air Rifle, while in the control room, the judge told me that I could not wear my Anschütz trousers with suspenders nor with a belt ( I know that it is not allowed to wear suspenders at the same time with a belt). So, why the Anschütz trousers have buttons for suspenders and are made to wear a belt?

Obrigado
Thank you
dgold

suspenders

Post by dgold »

The suspenders are more comfortable in kneeling position.
metallyrob

Re: suspenders and belt

Post by metallyrob »

Anonymous wrote:In the last Portuguese National Championship Air Rifle, while in the control room, the judge told me that I could not wear my Anschütz trousers with suspenders nor with a belt
Then that judge was talking big bullshit!!!

I would have asked him were in the rulebook (ISSF or national) that issue was pointed out. It would be a damm good rulebender to talk himself out of this dilemma.

Greetings

Robert
BM

Post by BM »

In case of an discussion with a member of the jury he/she should always point in the rulebook that your setup is wrong. If he can't show that, it's allowed.
You will now understand that the first question we ask when they say it's prohibited: SHOW IT!
Marcus

pants, belts and waistbands

Post by Marcus »

ISSF has just issued some new rules for 2006. Mostly for rifle. But no one is spared. http://www.issfnews.com/./media/issfnew ... _Rules.pdf

A quick snip and we have the new rule copied here. About 2/3 of the way through we come to a part about the thickness of the waistband determining whether or not the shooter can wear a belt or even if the pants are legal.

"The trousers, including the lining, must not exceed 2.5 mm in single thickness and 5 mm in double thickness at any point where flat surfaces may be measured. The top of the trousers must not fit or be worn higher on the body than 50 mm above the crest of the hipbone. All drawstrings, zippers or fasteners to tighten the trousers around the legs or hips are prohibited. To support the trousers only a normal waist belt not more than 40 mm wide and 3mm thick or braces (suspenders) may be worn. If a belt is worn in the standing position, the buckle or fastening must not be used to support the left arm or elbow. The belt must not be doubled, tripled etc. under the left arm or elbow. If the trousers have a waist band, it may not be more than 70 mm wide. If the thickness of the waistband exceeds 2.5 mm, a waist belt is not permitted. If a waist belt is not worn, the absolute maximum thickness of the waistband is 3.5 mm. The trousers may be closed by one hook and up to five (5) eyes, or up to five (5) adjustable snap fasteners, or similar closure or Velcro. Only one type of closure is permitted. A Velcro closure combined with any other closure is prohibited. The trousers must be loose around the legs. If special shooting trousers are not worn, ordinary trousers may be worn providing they do not give artificial support to any part of the body."

I have no idea where this came from but it is the new rule. It is silly since common tailoring practice has always been to make the waistband of multiple layers of material to help support the trousers. this makes the waistband no thicker than the maximum allowed for the rest of the pants.

So...unless that match was held in the 2006 (which it wasn't) the jury member was incorrect in his interpretation of the rule that was in force at the time. After January 2006 we are all liable to have this problem.

Marcus
Marcus

pants, belts and waistbands

Post by Marcus »

ISSF has just issued some new rules for 2006. Mostly for rifle. But no one is spared. http://www.issfnews.com/./media/issfnew ... _Rules.pdf

A quick snip and we have the new rule copied here. About 2/3 of the way through we come to a part about the thickness of the waistband determining whether or not the shooter can wear a belt or even if the pants are legal.

"The trousers, including the lining, must not exceed 2.5 mm in single thickness and 5 mm in double thickness at any point where flat surfaces may be measured. The top of the trousers must not fit or be worn higher on the body than 50 mm above the crest of the hipbone. All drawstrings, zippers or fasteners to tighten the trousers around the legs or hips are prohibited. To support the trousers only a normal waist belt not more than 40 mm wide and 3mm thick or braces (suspenders) may be worn. If a belt is worn in the standing position, the buckle or fastening must not be used to support the left arm or elbow. The belt must not be doubled, tripled etc. under the left arm or elbow. If the trousers have a waist band, it may not be more than 70 mm wide. If the thickness of the waistband exceeds 2.5 mm, a waist belt is not permitted. If a waist belt is not worn, the absolute maximum thickness of the waistband is 3.5 mm. The trousers may be closed by one hook and up to five (5) eyes, or up to five (5) adjustable snap fasteners, or similar closure or Velcro. Only one type of closure is permitted. A Velcro closure combined with any other closure is prohibited. The trousers must be loose around the legs. If special shooting trousers are not worn, ordinary trousers may be worn providing they do not give artificial support to any part of the body."

I have no idea where this came from but it is the new rule. It is silly since common tailoring practice has always been to make the waistband of multiple layers of material to help support the trousers. this makes the waistband no thicker than the maximum allowed for the rest of the pants.

So...unless that match was held in the 2006 (which it wasn't) the jury member was incorrect in his interpretation of the rule that was in force at the time. After January 2006 we are all liable to have this problem.

Marcus