ALUMINUM PACHMAYR STYLE GUN BOX FOR OLYMPIC 10 METER PISTOLS

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
askernie

ALUMINUM PACHMAYR STYLE GUN BOX FOR OLYMPIC 10 METER PISTOLS

Post by askernie »

I am in the process of having a manufacturer make a AIRCRAFT GRADE ALL ALUMINUM Pachmayr style "bullseye" gun box for Olympic pistols.

This box will be patterned after the famous Pachmyer gun boxes with the flip up top and scope mount.

As many of you know, the Pachmayr boxes and the Gun-Ho boxes are just not made for the 10 meter pistols. This box will be long enough to handle the 420mm Olympic length of most of the top pistols. BUT best of all, will be made out of practically indestructible aircraft aluminum.

If you are interested in this box for YOUR pistols let me know.

Thanks

Ernie the Eyeball
Brian James

Post by Brian James »

I think many of us on here would be curious to know how much aprox. do expect these gun boxes to cost.

Thanks

Brian
Bill Poole

Post by Bill Poole »

I can think of at least one shooter out here in AZ who might be interested if his Morini FREE pistol fits in the box

Poole
askernie

COST OF NEW ALUMINUM PACHMAYR STYLE OLYMPIC PISTOL BOX

Post by askernie »

Right now I am estimating the cost to be $199.00 to possibly $220.00. Which I think is awesome considering that used Pachmayrs are going for $200.00 and 10 meter pistols cant fit or have to showhorned in.

As far as the free pistol, the box is planned to have a 17-18 inch tray to be able to accomodate pistols which are approx 420 mm. If you have a free pistol that meets that measurment, then it will work.

We'll see. I am working with the manufacturer and hopefully will be getting a proto in the next 2 weeks.

I am just testing the waters to see if people other than myself would be interested in this awesome box

Ernie the Eyeball
terrypchan

Re: ALUMINUM PACHMAYR STYLE GUN BOX FOR OLYMPIC 10M PISTOLS

Post by terrypchan »

I would be interested in buying one of these boxes as well, but ONLY if the length were a little longer. Again the Morini FP is 495mm or 19.5 inches in length. So if the CM84E won't fit in the box then this box won't work for me. Also free pistol grips in general tend to be relatively Fat when compared to AP grips. So a Pachmayr style gun box is going to be problematic for the ISSF shooter that needs to carry 1 AP, 1 CF Pistol, 1 Std Pistol and 1 FP.
Bill Poole

Post by Bill Poole »

also, since you dont' use a scope in air pistol, a shooter would not use the box as a scope mount in an AP match, many air pistol benches are not wide enough for that box and with the target carriers it would get too crowded.

but in FP, you DO need the scope except for carriers or electronic targets, so I would expect more FP shooters to show an interest than AP shooters

The use case I would see out here, would be the box would stay on the line for FP, StP, CF and then be put away, Air Pistol is shot indoors, the box might not even come inside, but be left in the truck. And on RFP (which we shoot on a different bay) it would sit on the bench behind the shooter.

Another interesting possiblity, would be to supply a spare tray (or attachment) that is foam fitted to the guns so that one could use the box for air travel.

I don't mean to criticize your project, just to offer a different point of view as to the ideal feature set.

Poole
http://arizona.rifleshooting.com/
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

I would be somewhat interested in carrying these as a stock item. I had tried to get one of the makers to do soemthing similar a few years ago at SHOT, but they were quoting me 400+ .

Its hard to say depending on the price, but since the pachmayr boxes don't fly well, they are more designed to be put in your car and given the scarcity of ISSF style matches, that can be driven too, I am not sure how big a seller that it would be. Contact me and let me know as you get more details.
askernie

YOU GUYS ARE ABSOLUTLEY RIGHT...BUT

Post by askernie »

I have always wanted to use this type of box for its convenience. basically I shoot with friends at a local "space"...hahah..Its basically a large room that has lunch tables set up and we have targets set up at the appropriate distance. We have all seen them, the GYM set up or the LUNCH ROOM set up. I always have to setup my scope on its tripod, set up my case BEHIND me on a table or on the floor. I always envied the Bullseye shooters for the comfort they had with everthing being handy and right next to you. Sure, in a REAL tourny...you may have video cameras and small tables, where this box would be a lug, BUT with most of the guys I shoot with and local informal matches where its held in a High School gym. It might be an asset. ASs a matter of fact, Our host has a whole bunch of pics where younger shooters are shooting from a lunch table. Some of them are actually using Gun-Ho boxes.

http://www.pilkguns.com/2005/ky/pp/index.htm

I'm glad this idea is gettig some action and I welcome all comments and ideas.

Thanks

Ernie the Eyeball