Qualifying score for Rapid Fire

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
race1911

Qualifying score for Rapid Fire

Post by race1911 »

Hi everyone.........with the "new" rules for equipment concerning 25m Olympic Rapid Fire I've noticed most people's scores took a 10-15 point drop.......with the new record being 587 I believe the qualifying score of 573 is a little high ............is there anyone starting the process to revamp a new qualifying score considering it would be harder to achieve that with the new equipment rules ??? thanks race1911
Spencer C

Post by Spencer C »

RFP record is 589
Early days yet and this undoubtedly will go up as more shooters develop into the 'new' pistol requirements.

1/ a shooter who cannot get the MQS of 573 some time in the next few years is not going to set the 2008 Olympics on fire.
2/ Getting a Quota place is much harder than getting the MQS.
David Levene

Re: Qualifying score for Rapid Fire

Post by David Levene »

race1911 wrote: ............is there anyone starting the process to revamp a new qualifying score considering it would be harder to achieve that with the new equipment rules ???
It can't be that much harder. Up until the middle of August 37 shooters had already achieved the MQS in a qualifying competition.

There are probably more qualifiers by now but the ISSF are a bit behind on updating the list on their web site.

As there are only 17 Rapid Quotas (plus any Tripartite or Universality places) I would expect there to be more than enough shooters with MQSs by the end of the process.