what is the exact purpose/benefit of "centering device&

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Basar Baypinar

what is the exact purpose/benefit of "centering device&

Post by Basar Baypinar »

Hi everyone,

I'm an AP shooter and I'm using shooting glasses and I also use "iris"...I have ordered "centering device" for Knobloch from Gehmann a few a days ago..but unfortunately I have a little idea about purposes and benefits of it.Can I use centering device with iris together or not??Or how would it help my shooting performance??I mean it is useful or not??

And can I shoot 595 with it :))) (just a joke)

Thanks a lot for your kind replies...

Post by Guest »

It assists you in centering the lens so you are looking through the exact center. You don't shoot with it on, just use it to achieve perfect lens alignment with your eye. It is useful. As for the benefit, let us know when you get your lens adjusted.
Craig

Post by Craig »

It also makes sure your line of vision is square to the lens surface.

Post by Guest »

Thanks for your kind feedbacks...I wanna be sure that Can I (or have to)use centereing device while shooting or just using to iris is good enought... while aiming, using both iris and centering device better or not??

Başar
GOVTMODEL

Centering device

Post by GOVTMODEL »

You do NOT shoot with the centering device in place. It is used only to adjust the lens holder.
Basar Baypinar

Re: Centering device

Post by Basar Baypinar »

GOVTMODEL wrote:You do NOT shoot with the centering device in place. It is used only to adjust the lens holder.
Thanks for your reply;So is my optition can / or must adjust the lens holder wtih centering device. (First time, my optition has handled focus adjustment of lens by the primative technics) or Can I handle the adjusting it by myself? I am so rookie about that and I dont want to make wrong anythink..

Thanks..
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Use the centering device when you first get then put it back in the box.

As you are a newcomer, with things changing quite a bit in the early days, you might want to use it again at the beginning of each session just to check that the lens is in the right place. Once you have checked, put it back in the box.

After a while you will only need to use it occasionally just to check that the lens hasn't moved. It doesn't really matter how often you use it, providing that it is back in the box before you start shooting.
GOVTMODEL

Re: Centering device

Post by GOVTMODEL »

Basar Baypinar wrote:
GOVTMODEL wrote:You do NOT shoot with the centering device in place. It is used only to adjust the lens holder.
Can I handle the adjusting it by myself?
Yes; with the lens holder screws loosened slightly and the centering device in place, and your body in the correct position, adjust the lens holder until you see a perfect circle.

Only you can do it!