i need help ¡¡¡¡

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Ramon

i need help ¡¡¡¡

Post by Ramon »

Hi i have just got my new IZH46M (today) i dont know if im doing something wrong or there is a malfunction whit my bikal.
I tried to shoot whit it for the first time. and did´not worked.

i did this , please tell me if ì did something wrong.

1) i pulled the lever until the small lever poped out .
2) i lifted the small lever, until a little click sounds,
3) i closed the below lever , now is suposed the piston is charged
4)i placed the peellet inside the barrel.
5) Now , wen i closed the small lever the storage piston air escapes from the barrel. and when i apply pressure over the trigger , just sound like a click whitout shooting the pellet. like a air leak.

thanks.
Russ

Post by Russ »

Did you check two rubber compression gaskets on small lever? Is thay on place?
Russ
Warren

Post by Warren »

Sounds to me like you're not opening it with enough force to cock the action.

When you push the lever (3) back into place, is it hard - ie do you feel pressure building up as you close it, or is there a hissing noise and not much back pressure?

I think where you're going wrong, is when you open the lever (1) you have to push hard for the last bit, which will fully open the loading gate. If you do it gently it will not cock the action, and won't set the valve to hold air pressure as you close the lever.

Hope this helps
Warren
Ramon

I need help-..¡¡

Post by Ramon »

Russ wrote:Did you check two rubber compression gaskets on small lever? Is thay on place?
Russ
Russ , i checked what you told me, and i notice that there is i small little hole on the base wich dont has a rubber gasket, there is is just the hole .

that hole is the place were the air escapes, when i close the small lever .

this should not happen, right.

Russ tell me, step by step what do you do for loading your izh46m

thanks.
Ramon

I need help.¡¡¡¡

Post by Ramon »

Warren wrote:Sounds to me like you're not opening it with enough force to cock the action.

When you push the lever (3) back into place, is it hard - ie do you feel pressure building up as you close it, or is there a hissing noise and not much back pressure?

I think where you're going wrong, is when you open the lever (1) you have to push hard for the last bit, which will fully open the loading gate. If you do it gently it will not cock the action, and won't set the valve to hold air pressure as you close the lever.

Hope this helps
Warren

Warren , thanks for your help.
Look , i did what you told me, i did push hard , and the loading gate opened itself, once opened i push the small lever untill a click sound , then i place the pellet on the loading gate.

The problem begins, when i try to close the small lever ( i push gently until it gets closed, ) on that moment, the air escapes, from the little hole on the base of the loading gate.

what do you think warren???
Ernie Rodriguez

Help

Post by Ernie Rodriguez »

I am going to presume you read the directions carefully.Is the gun new?Is there any adj screws on the pistol?Has anyone touched them?If the gun is used-perhaps something is wrong with it or has been misadj.I am not an expert on this pistol but just commenting on some possibilities.Best of luck with it.Ernie
GaryBF

i need help

Post by GaryBF »

Ramon,
When I first fired my IZH-46M I experienced the same thing. In my opinion, you are being too gentle with your new gun. When you cycle the cocking lever, the cover lever (part #57 in your diagram) should open by itself to about 90 degrees. In step 2 of your note you say you lift the "small lever" by hand until it clicks. What you have done is cock the trigger. You only do that if you want to dry fire the gun. Unless your gun is truly broken, the cover lever should open without your help. Try using a bit more force and operate the cocking lever rather quickly. If you hear air escaping when you close the cocking lever, then you have not set the trigger valve. My gun loosened up after awhile. I recently had the gun repaired by EAA for a different problem, but when the gun was returned to me it was very stiff again. The IZH-46M is a stout gun; don't be afraid of it. Good luck.

Re: i need help.........(For Gary B)

Post by Guest »

GaryBF wrote:Ramon,
When I first fired my IZH-46M I experienced the same thing. In my opinion, you are being too gentle with your new gun. When you cycle the cocking lever, the cover lever (part #57 in your diagram) should open by itself to about 90 degrees. In step 2 of your note you say you lift the "small lever" by hand until it clicks. What you have done is cock the trigger. You only do that if you want to dry fire the gun. Unless your gun is truly broken, the cover lever should open without your help. Try using a bit more force and operate the cocking lever rather quickly. If you hear air escaping when you close the cocking lever, then you have not set the trigger valve. My gun loosened up after awhile. I recently had the gun repaired by EAA for a different problem, but when the gun was returned to me it was very stiff again. The IZH-46M is a stout gun; don't be afraid of it. Good luck.

Ernie thanks for your post, you are right , when i cycle the cocking lever , the cover never open by itself 90 degrees it does open but just enough for open, i have to use my hand to lifted, until it clicks.

On your post you said something about "set the trigger valve" what do you mean whit this. im asking you this because it is what hapening to me.

i wait for you answer . thanks
TomF

Post by TomF »

I suggest you take it to someone who owns one and let them look at it. If it still does not work, send it back and get a new one or get it fixed.

Good luck!
Ramon

i need help

Post by Ramon »

according of the las post what do you mean whit set the trigger valve?

"If you hear air escaping when you close the cocking lever, then you have not set the trigger valve"

How do i set this valve?
where is located, ?

this is for the IZH46M Baikal air pistol.