Rink Grip on "New" TOZ 35M

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
K38

Rink Grip on "New" TOZ 35M

Post by K38 »

I got my TOZ 35M in from Larry's the TOZ is not big news, but these Rink grips are very nice. They are adjustable in ways that other grips just are not. I will need to spend time with them, but they seem like a very good product.

Dwight
pilkguns the philospher

Post by pilkguns the philospher »

I think that Rink grips are doing to the pistol shooter what aluminum stocks have done to rifle shooters. Taken them from being shooters and learning the skills of shooting, to becoming gear fiddlers and being able to blame poor scores on the equipment not being adjusted exactly right.

And now I see similar grips being being offered for 1911's. So now the disease spreads to the bullseye crowd.

But to be fair, I have said for years that the reason the Steyr became the number 1 pistol in the world in such a dominating manner and has remained that way, is because of all the built-in adjustments that made it easier for the shooter to get the right feel.
funtoz

Post by funtoz »

He who believes that his gun will make him shoot better will always find ways to make modifications and excuses.

He who has found that adjustments assist in becoming a better marksman will train long and become one.

The first adjusts continuously to improve the performance of the moment. The later adjusts only when training dictates a need. It would be wonderful if we had enough grip gurus to go around, but most would now have to fly somewhere, spending days of expensive travel to get the best fit. Rink has a place for those who do not have the wealth or stature to command such service.

Larry
F. Paul in Denver

Post by F. Paul in Denver »

Well said Larry.

I once heard the following conversation between two shooters.

One said to the other (who also happened to be a pistol smith), "How can I get my gun to shoot better?"

Without a pause, the shooter/pistolsmith replied, "Give it to someone else to shoot."

I had to take a fifteen minute break before I could recover from belly laughing.

F. Paul in Denver
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

this is an old joke among gunsmiths, match or otherwise. It's one I think of often when on the phone with people, who ask much the same question, whether its related to testing pellets, upgrading guns, modifying sights, etc. Like the joke about how do you get to Carnegie Hall?
.... practice, practice , practice.

But if everyone followed my advice I would probably sell about 50 tins of pellets and 3 new guns a year. C'est la Vie
Jim E

Another "old" story

Post by Jim E »

Scott -

When a world famous soup maker saw a decline of sales for the mainstay tomato soup, they changed the label to say "New and Improved." Sales then went back to the multiple decade trend. Of course the only thing "new and improved" was the label.

Ah marketing!

Looking forward to finally meeting you at Roanoke.

Jim
ben

Rink grips

Post by ben »

I think previous posters have only scored trivial brownie points.

I have just bought a Rink grip for a new LP2 to help with a painful neck-shoulder condition, which made getting my eye in line with the sights rather difficult. The Rink product range includes a shape in which the hand form is rotated 7 degrees relative to the gun mechanism. At this moment I have only fitted and dry fired, but it is obviously a very substantial improvement over the standard Morini grip.

It is well known amongst carers and counsellors that you have nothing to say to the client unless you have, yourself, experienced the client's problems.

The Rink grip is also very well made.

hope this helps

ben
rick lee

Post by rick lee »

looking at the amount of customisation that i can do with rink grips they look very good considering the amount of money that i would need to pay to get one is almost the same as a factory stock or generic grip.
F. Paul in Denver

Re: Rink grips

Post by F. Paul in Denver »

"It is well known amongst carers and counsellors that you have nothing to say to the client unless you have, yourself, experienced the client's problems. "
Would that mean that you should not let a doctor who has never suffered a crushed skull, AIDS or a heart attack treat you for any of these maladies?

I've never been arrested for an alcohol related driving offense nor have I ever been in a custody battle with an ex spouse. Should I just shut down my law practice???

F. Paul in Denver
Jim E

Bulleye Paul

Post by Jim E »

Guess I need to ask the pilot when boarding airplanes, "Have you crashed one of these yet" before taking a seat.
metermatch

Rink grips

Post by metermatch »

I have a number of Rink grips, and most all fit me perfectly. The TOZ grip fits me like a glove. A couple of minutes adjusting, and you are done. And anyone who doesn't think that grips need occasional adjustment in different weather conditions hasn't shot pistol very much. I think what the previous posters don't realize is that these grips are so good, that you don't have to spend a lot of time messing around puttying other grips (such as typical factory "one size fits alll" grips). Buying the Rink grip allows you to spend less time "adjusting" and more time "training". Kind of what they are saying is the desired result.

Jeff