Air Match CU400 10m Pistol

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Swoffer

Air Match CU400 10m Pistol

Post by Swoffer »

I am looking for a cheap 10m pistol for friends and son to use when they come shooting with me (not often) and there is an Air Match CU400 for sale locally in very good condition with Morini grips but don't know anything about them. Is going for equivalent of US$ 210.00. Is this a reasonable pistol for the money i.e. accurate & reliable? It is pneumatic which is what I want as don't want the hassle of CO2 for a 'sometimes' pistol otherwise would by a Tau.

Appreciate any assistance.
j-team

Post by j-team »

Good pistols with great triggers, but can be prone to cracked valve housings. Check it by cocking it, leaving it for say 10 minutes, then fire it. If it has held the pressure it is OK. Otherwise, it either has shot seals or a cracked valve housing.
WSmith

Post by WSmith »

I loved shooting my Air Match CU400,... until the valve housing cracked.

As already suggested, make sure it still holds pressure. (I doubt that Air Match is still around, but you may want to check with Beeman to see if the pistol can be service - new seals, etc. The CU400 is at least 20-25 years old.) Also, as I remember, it took considerable hand strength to charge the pistol via its' side lever - and if I managed to get the fleshy part of my palm caught between to lever and receiver when charging, the pain was terrific!

Great pistol in its' day but possibly not a good choice for a young shooter or in terms of dependability.