I'm having trouble with my pistol veering off target as

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
James

I'm having trouble with my pistol veering off target as

Post by James »

I pull the trigger on my new benelli kite.

As i take up the first stage, the pistol dosnt move, although sometimes as i take up, i might tremble.

When i slowly squeeze the second stage which has absolutly no movement (creep) The gun moves off target.

I was thinking the second stage was too heavy, but a few times, the gun goes off without me meaning too, as the second stage is barely heavier then the first.

And i think this is the problem: the first stage is too heavy, so the difference between the 1st and second stage is not enough, but the weight adds up, so the 2nd stage is heavy to the point where it veers off when i shoot, because i have to take up the second stage with no percievable movment of the finger.

on the izh 46m, the trigger was set to where there was almost no second stage, and it had lots of creep. So it was just one straight slow even pull, and I shot well with that, you didn't control the release, but rather initiated it, and it went off soon after. With the kite, i know exactly when it releases, but I tend to move off target at that point.

What to do?
James

Post by James »

Well i've been practicing dryfire against a blank wall and concentrating on trigger control.

After reading the other post, I realized that i was holding too long, resulting in "jerking" the trigger.

Just need more practice :)
Mike Douglass

grip

Post by Mike Douglass »

Check what your physical grip is doing while you squeeze the trigger. Jerking causes a sudden movement, a gradual "veer" may be a gripping problem...also lot at NPA as well.

Mike Douglass

Post by Guest »

Triggercontrol is the key, and short quality training sessions every day...
James

Post by James »

Mike douglas was right.

It was grip and npa. I had previously set a rug that had my position marked, but the rug moved, and I had assumed my npa was right.

Also I wasn't gripping my grip correctly, my wrist/palm was not up against the side of the grip, so when i squeezed the second stage, the pistol moved.

I just shot a 25 shot group that would fit in a quarter, before my shots were all over the place.

Thanks!