degreasing bullets

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

dgold

degreasing bullets

Post by dgold »

What do you think regarding degreasing the bullets with a tissue before using them?
Jose Rossy

Post by Jose Rossy »

What's to be gained by doing so?
dgold

Post by dgold »

Jose:
Some bullets come with excess of lubricant that dirties the chamber of the rifle. Obviously I speak of bullets of training, excluding Lapua, Eley or R50 i.e.
Jose Rossy

Post by Jose Rossy »

I guess I never have had a problem. I use RWS Target Rifle and Lapua Midas.
Matt

Post by Matt »

dgold wrote:Jose:
Some bullets come with excess of lubricant that dirties the chamber of the rifle. Obviously I speak of bullets of training, excluding Lapua, Eley or R50 i.e.
By what standard are you classifying 'excess lubricant'? What are you considering insufficient, normal or excessive? (Weight, thickness, etc)???? Where is your imperical data to substantiate your claim?

By what standard are you classifying dirty chamber'? What are you considering insufficient, normal or excessive? Where is your imperical data to substantiate your claim?

I believe that you are barking up a tree that will give you no answers because your statement is absent of factual data. To chamber any .22 round and not allow bullet lubricant to touch the chamber O.D. is impossible. Therefore, your efforts should be redirected toward other important matters that will afford you better results such as: position training, equipment improvement, mental training, etc.