My wife said, "Buy the BEST"!!! So what is the BE

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jlochey

My wife said, "Buy the BEST"!!! So what is the BE

Post by jlochey »

All,

My wife said buy the best, and quit messing around. I have the Baikal 46m, but want to upgrade to a PCP gun.

My question? WHAT IS THE BEST?

I can only buy ONE gun!

Thanks,

John
cdf

Post by cdf »

Styer LP10 , or a member of the Morini 162 family ( I like the short with the electronic trigger ) . I would guess that the Styer would be the best , and the Morini would be the minority report .

Chris

P.S. I own both , love them both . Try and handle both . The Styer is probably the better choice . ( by a nose hair - the Morini trigger is very sweet )
Bill177

I enjoy my Pardini K2

Post by Bill177 »

Although not sold by our host, I enjoy my Pardini K2 very much. I bought it from the late Don Nygord. It is a short barrel version, however can use either the long or shot cylinders (I have both).

The Pardini has enjoyed many big match wins, however, the Morini seems to be more popular at this time.

When I tried the Steyr, Morini, and Pardini - I eliminated the Morini first. I did not care for the electronic (electro-mechanical) trigger.

The Steyr has fine grips and the adjustment possibilities are wonderful, but I eliminated it due to the loading procedure. It loads like the IZH-46M - you seat the pellet in the barrel.

The Pardini felt good in my hands and I like the loading port system it has.

My second choice would have been the Steyr LP2 - again, due to the loading port rather than direct seating.

Something to give thought to is after purchase service. Steyr and Morini are both serviced by our host. You can not get better than that. Pardini is currently sold and serviced by Larry's Guns - but there is no mention of the product's name on their website. I have purchased parts from him with ease.

Check, as in do a search, for this question. It has been asked many times and there some really good answers available about the pros and cons of the various APs available.
sparky

Post by sparky »

It's hard to say what "the best" is. All of the top air pistols are capable of gold medal winning scores. A lot of it is going to come down to personal preference. The following are all worth considering:
1. Steyr LP10
2. Steyr LP1P (predecessor to the LP10, but a gold medal winner in the last Olympics)
3. Morini 162
4. Pardini K2 (not as popular as the Morini or Steyrs, but IIRC, it won gold in the 1996 and 2000 Olympics)
5. Hammerli AP40
Nano

best pistol

Post by Nano »

Jhon:
For me, Feinwerkbau P40, and looks more modern.

Nano
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

As others have mentioned, this is popular topic so do some searching, but normally at any big match you will see 90-95% of the air pistol competitors using either Morini or Steyr. It will fluctuate between 50-55 for one and 40-45% the other, back and forth. the remaining 5 -10 % is everybody else. Thats some powerful evidence to the dominance of these two. Steyr has been in that postion for over 15 years now. Thats a long time. Morini has really came on strong in the last 4-5 years.

Here some more data I just got this week
http://pilkguns.com/2005/Morini.htm
http://pilkguns.com/2005/steyrWC.htm
Ted Bell

Re: My wife said, "Buy the BEST"!!! So what is th

Post by Ted Bell »

jlochey wrote:All,

My wife said buy the best, and quit messing around.

My question? WHAT IS THE BEST?
Easy question- your wife is the best for such great support!

-Ted
sanikok

Post by sanikok »

N/A
Last edited by sanikok on Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Re: Some previous comments about the perceived better loading system of the Morini/LP2.

A couple of real advantages of the direct loading method (eg. LP10) are that you will not load a pellet back to front, and there is far less chance (almost nill) of loading 2 pellets at once, which is very costly to your score.

It is no harder to load by this method than any other, its just what you become accustomed to.
cdf

Post by cdf »

I own both , I would not get rid of either . The LP10 has more possabilities for adjustments , a bit less muzel flip . I find it shoots better for me ( that could well be as a result of more LP10 practice ) . The Morini trigger is superb .

In a nutshell , it's a bit like comparing top quality 25 year old single malt Scotchs .

There are no bad choices , if possible try to handle both .

Chris
David M

Two pistols

Post by David M »

Sounds like you need to buy two pistols, one for you and one for your wife (and get her into shooting). That way you can buy one of each - and shoot the one she does not like.
PS. Everytime I want a new pistol, I have to buy two.
Weekend Shooter

Post by Weekend Shooter »

I actually have a FWB P40 which I got since in my country it's really difficult to find an AP. On one hand the Morini trigger is a freaky experience and the 'compact' feel is terrific, on the other hand, the line of sight is short, the trigger is a piece of metal.

The P40 is turning out to be oki though I find it heavy. Going for it is the loading port (horrible on the Steyr), the adjustability of just about everything and a line of sight that can be extended to scary lengths (and it helps). The trigger? Hmmm, not the best unfortunately, has a tuning fork clunky sound and feels heavy, but it's still 500gr. Going for it though is virtual indestructibility of FWBs.
ruig

Post by ruig »

The best is - what you like!

We aren't stamped in conveyor... we're too different. I like LP10. My friend FWB C10. Other one IZH-46... etc.
What's a problem? Visit gun-shop (i hope you have enough in U.S.)... try pistols... and decide yourself what you like! We're too different, my Friend!

===
Wish You success!

Post by Guest »

if only they could bring out an electical trigger version of the lp-10.

Then we would have nothing to discuss on this site!

lol

Post by Guest »

Re. Electronic trigger AP's,

What are the latest rumours with Steyr and Pardini?