I need some sling help.

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

cdf

I need some sling help.

Post by cdf »

I have just aquired a Styer LGB1 rifle , it's an impressive device . I'm hoping to refine my rifle shooting skills . Where can I aquire a good sling , and what type should I go for . If I can find good pics , I can manufacture one as I am a pretty good leather worker . Any help/pics appreciated .

Thanks ,

Chris
Jose Rossy

Post by Jose Rossy »

I've been very impressed by the leather slings made by John Weller. He makes his match rifle slings in a variety of widths, including 1.5", which is ISSF legal. I have one for use on both a fullbore and smallbore rifle and it is superb.

I used to have a Kurt Thune clone and while I liked the fact that the hole spacing was closer, I hated the biothane material and the hard to adjust buckles.

http://www.slingsbyjhw.com is his website. This webpage: http://www.slingsbyjhw.com/match.htm shows the specific slings I'm talking about.

His quality is top notch.
cdf

Post by cdf »

Thanks for the info , I just E-mailed him .

Chris
badfbob

Post by badfbob »

My kids are using the Thune synthetic slings. They like them, as they do not stretch.
davidgoerndt

Post by davidgoerndt »

I'm using a Thune UIT 2. I like the fact that it won't stretch and it won't slip down the arm with the rubber used to line the arm portion of the sling. The material does have an interesting odor, however!
Jose Rossy

Post by Jose Rossy »

John Weller's slings have non-slip rubbber on the arm strap, will take a hell of a long time and hard use to stretch as their leather is both thick and high quality, and are a LOT easier to adjust than Thune-type slings. BTDT.

I've used Thune-style slings before and I won't go back.
holson

Post by holson »

I've used a few different types of slings and I own a Thune UIT II. While it probably isn't the best sling out there, I personally liked it alot and never had any problems with it. Plus, it's readily available, which means alot in the rifle world. It has two buckles so you can adjust them so they aren't digging into your wrist(reason why I went with the UIT II vs. UIT I). Synthetic so it doesn't stretch either.