CROSMAN 10 METER MATCH PISTOL

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
askernie

CROSMAN 10 METER MATCH PISTOL

Post by askernie »

I recently built a Crosman Match Pistol from a 2240 frame.

The pistol has a 10" barrel, 1 pound trigger, target grips, custom comp and target grips.

I plan to add Ortho grips in the near future.

The pistol ate my friends IZH46M for breakfast and it amazed my friends that were shootinng Steyrs and Morini's

The pistol will shoot one holers on a ransom rest at 10 meters

Amazing what you can do with a $47.99 pistol and a little work.

Heres a pic...If anyone would like more info...just email me...

Ernie the Eyeball

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/AIRGUNMODS/
scout18

Post by scout18 »

OK ernie now make it shoot one holers without the ransomrest then we'll talk.
kiko

Post by kiko »

Thats AWESOME Ernie.
more from a $47.50 pistol. that would make many people mad.
Now, I know the Crossmans are particularly accurate, but too bad the 2240 is a .22 cal. I don't think the make them in .177 . How about a barrel change or something.
btw. I think Yi Fu Wan or Neustreuv (or any other good AP shooter) can put 580's easitly with your gun. How about that.
kiko.
GI Kevin

Post by GI Kevin »

Was this extra barrel, comp, trigger work and target grips all included in your $47 price? Where did you find such a value??? I bought a tin of pellets for $7 and then I shot these $7 pellets through my Steyr and WOW! One hole off the sandbag!!! My friends with $9 pellets were all 'mad'.... It's amazing what you can do with $7 pellets and a little work - and a little money.

Just kidding - sounds like you got a great deal of satisfaction from your personalized add-ons. I live in the same world with my .45s - match barrels, trigger work, grips, and tightening up the actions are what separates Xs from the broad side of the barn. Good custom work 'almost' always beats off the shelf goods.

Kevin
jlochey

How much for one with a .177 barrel? I'll buy one!

Post by jlochey »

How much for one with a .177 barrel? I'll buy one!

John
askernie

IT STARTED AS A 2240....

Post by askernie »

The pistol was built using ISSF guidelines. the .22 barrel has been replaced with a .177 caliber.

The pistol has the following mods..

10" .177 barrel (CROSMAN)
polished trigger pieces with internal spring guide which provide a 1 pound trigger
extended bolt for better gas usage
side exit compensator
Thompson Contender fully adjustable sights
RB Target grips walnut

TOTAL COST AFTER MODS $137.88

And no...I cant shoot one holers yet...but the pistol sure can.

Hey...i'm not putting down the Steyers, Morinis...Walthers...etc...I wish I could afford one...BUT like I said my friends sure had surprized faces when we compared targets...

Two of my friends actually shot better with my pistol than with thiers...hahaha

I plan to build a second one with a Lothar Walther barrel and some bolt mods...

We'll see

Ernie the Eyeball
cdf

Post by cdf »

Sounds like a pretty astute piece of gunsmithing !

Chris
James

Post by James »

The only thing seperating yours from the top co2 guns are the grips. And perhaps the finishing on the metal.

Good job!
kiko

Post by kiko »

Back then when the first Daysis 717 came out there were the option of having them with wooden match grips similar to the Feinwerbaus with adjustable palm swell and everything I know because I shot one from my club (25 years ago).
So, there must be some left overs available somewhere. As a proof, I say once at a local gun show a similar grip in a table, the guy said he thinks that was for an air pistol, he was aking $15.- I didn't pay attention, but I'm sure that was for a Daysi.
People may kill me for saying this, but a good shooter can do 580 with a Daysi, and I'm sure 590 with your Crossman mod. OK, exagerating a bit, but you get my point, don't you. K.
TomF

Post by TomF »

What did you say the trigger weight is?
CharlesC

Post by CharlesC »

He said it was 1 pound. That's too light to pass tech inspecton in matches I shoot in. Trigger must lift a 500 gram weight. That's about 1.1 pounds. I made a 10 meter match air pistol out of a Crosman 1377 that I recently got a silver medal in the New Mexico Senior Olympic games with. I made a 'roll over' trigger for it that I have set at 510 grams.
I don't have a picture of the trigger in my Hunt 101 file, but here's a picture of the match sight I made for it on the right hand pistol. The one on the left is for plinking.
Image[/url]
kiko

Post by kiko »

Nice job charles and nice silver medal.
but, isn't the 1377 a pump pistol, wasn't that difficult to do at a match.
how many pumps?. how's your accuracy.
I shot a Crossman 357 revelover and was able to do one holes at 10 meter (offhand), couldn't repeat that, but I was very impress with that kind of accuracy. wonder about the Crossman's ever since.
Ki.
CharlesC

Post by CharlesC »

My 1377 has many refinements performed in my shop that are not found in the factory pistol:
Hand selected, recrowned and lapped Crosman barrel
Bearing bronze adjustable pump head for best compression
Extended bolt probe to push pellet skirt past transfer port
'Roll over' type trigger in grip - similar to Timney trigger
Heavier, longer, short stroke striker
Remachined air valve for less internal volume with very light spring
Slightly larger transfer port air path
Sights made with wider rear notch and front blade to equal bull diameter
Walnut grips and pump arm
In this configuration it is exactly as accurate as my IZH-46 at 10 meters from a rest. That is, 5 shots all in the ten ring.
This pistol is very easy to pump. I use 4 pumps in matches. I feel no tiring from pumping, quite the opposite, it gives my muscles a break from their stress from holding the pistol during a shot.
In any case, I have equalled or bettered shooters using TAU 7, IZH-46, various Steyr, Daisy 747 and other quality match pistols with this lowly Crosman.
For me its fun is to do well in a match with a pistol that I essentially made myself.
kikos

Post by kikos »

Awesome Charles.
you are an inspiration. I can't imagine the looks of the Steyr owners (myself included) after reading your score with your lowly Crossman.
I was a spring shooter first, then co2 then compressed, I had FWBs, Walters and Steyrs,
now I'm all Daysi (717) and I'm enjoying every minute of it.
thanks Charles. K.