Advice needed .

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

cdf

Advice needed .

Post by cdf »

I have been bitten by the 10M bug , I'm now considering a top flight rifle .

What is the collective wisdom on the Styer LG100 ? ( I can get a demo for about $300.00 off ) .

What other models should I be looking at ? The Styer appeals due to it's ease of takedown . Any input greatly appreciated .

Chris
RobH

10M

Post by RobH »

I shoot a Walther LG300 Alutec. I like it a lot. If I practice regularly, I can shoot in the low 570's with this rifle. I dont really understand the need to take down a 10M gun. I leave mine setup in a hard case when not shooting it. I don't like the Steyr for one reason, there are no index marks on the adjustments. All the others have index marks on the stock adjustment making setup and fine tuning much easier. I don't think that any are more accurate than the other at my level. The Walther fits me well and it was priced below a P70 and 2002 when I bought it. (And still is).

HTH
Rob
mjfa

Post by mjfa »

I think all top level 10m air rifles are high quality great shooters. Most important factors on deciding which one to buy are:
1. Individual fit to the shooter
2. Availability and after sale service
3. Personal taste

I shoot an Anschütz 9003 Premium and like it a lot. This is my third match air rifle and the one that fits me best.