How do I know if the grip is too small?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
JamesN

Post by JamesN »

Gripped

Rear view, notice small gap between left of grip and wrist.

Fingers straight, to show how much fingers stick past stippling.

Thumb hangs over. I dont think the larger grip has a longer thumb well does it?
The package.

If I just pick up and grip lightly ( no pressure) there is some space from my palm and the right side of the grip.

If I grip it lightly, It fits well, and is comfortable. But my fingers hang over as seen in the pictures.

Should I go medium, or is this ok?[/img]
ben

Post by ben »

James
From here, in Scotland, your grip seems to be just the right size for your hand. Any minor lack of fit should be corrected using a suitable filler.
I note that you have the ends of your fingers and thumb pressing on the grip. This is a NO-NO! Especially for your little finger. You will find you can hold the grip securely enough with the end of your thumb lifted, and the ends of all your fingers out straight. Especially beware of gripping with the little finger. All of these corrections help to avoid throwing shots off.
Good shooting!
Ben
Denis

Post by Denis »

I too think the basic grip size looks about right.
If you feel any minor mods need doing (looks like the area where your thumb muscle ball sits might need lowering), have a go, but the basic size looks just right.
James

Post by James »

Thanks for your advice, the grip seems to fit a whole lot better with fingers and thumb relaxed/straight.
James

Post by James »

Well Larry is sending me a medium grip, and a the fill adapter.

The small grip dosn't really fill the hand, My palm only contacts in a few places.

If the medium grip isnt substantially larger, then it should be perfect.
The meduim grip will also help as my hands grow larger.

Thanks.