Print your own scale targets - Link

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

GI Kevin

Print your own scale targets - Link

Post by GI Kevin »

I've been looking for scale targets for some time now and found this handy application online:

http://home.hiwaay.net/~ispellan/Airguns.html

AirGun is a software suite for analysing the performance of air rifles and pistols. It contains three main modules:
# Calculator for velocity, muzzle energy and trajectory analysis
# Targets for designing and printing paper targets
# Chronographs for analysing chronograph shot strings. Contains computer interfaces for Shooting Chrony Beta/Gamma Chrony and Combro cb-625 devices.

AirGun Version 7.5.2 (Dec 4, 2002) For Windows 98, NT 4.0, ME, 2000 and XP

Kevin
Attachments
sample output of a 6m scale target for 10m air pistol - printed resolution is MUCH better
sample output of a 6m scale target for 10m air pistol - printed resolution is MUCH better
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Can I suggest that you read through a previous thread on reducing air pistol targets.

If you just want to shoot electronically then you can just scale down the rings. If you actually want to shoot pellets then it is not that simple.

Shin, our illustrious site admin, has prepared a 5m Air Pistol target and a 6m Air Pistol target. Both of these have the correct size scoring rings AND the correct size black for live firing at the reduced distances.
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

David,
Thanks for the info. I hadn't realized that Shin had posted those 5m and 6m target files.

Fred