help to figure out CO2 problem

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
CraigE

help to figure out CO2 problem

Post by CraigE »

One of the 2 CO2 cylinders for my K60 seems to completely discharge ...thru the pistol when I attach it. No idea what is causing this or how to correct it. TIA for advice. (The other cylinder seems to function proplerly). CraigE.
Bill177

Try this

Post by Bill177 »

Before you screw the cylinder on make sure you have cocked the gun. If that is not the problem then try this:

Inside the cylinder there is a seal you can see when looking into same. See if it is damaged. If not, then apply a very small amount of silicon lubricant to that seal. Then screw the filled cylinder onto the gun.

If the seal is damaged, try a different cylinder.

Do not ever screw the cylinders tight in an attempt to get a good seal - it will only damage things.
TC Johnson

CO2 Cylinders

Post by TC Johnson »

I also have a K60 and one cylinder which discharges in the same way described. I observed that the seal was not doing its job to prevent the leakage and obtained several replacements from our distinguished sponsor.

However, my problem has been in locating a pin spanner to use in removing and replacing the seals. Has anyone found a source for these pin spanners? I think it needs to span about 14mm and must be fairly robust to be able to loosen the ring holding the seal.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

TC
Bill177

Go to a bicycle shop

Post by Bill177 »

Pin spanners are used to work on bicycles. Take the cylinder with you so you can be sure you get a spanner with pins that will fit well.

BE SURE THE CYLINDER IS EMPTY!!!!!!!! Before you try to open it.
JLD

Re: help to figure out CO2 problem

Post by JLD »

CraigE wrote:One of the 2 CO2 cylinders for my K60 seems to completely discharge ...thru the pistol when I attach it. No idea what is causing this or how to correct it. TIA for advice. (The other cylinder seems to function proplerly). CraigE.
Hi CraigE
Il the other cylinder is working well, I suspect a cylinder problem.
To ensure a cylinder is (is not) leaking, put it inside a condom, close with a tight knot. Wait. any leak, even small, will inflate the condom very visibly. I hate the idea to plunge my cylinder into water to wait for an hypotetic bubble to appear, which might be quite microscopic anyway.