Replacement grip for IZH-46M???

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Don90250

Replacement grip for IZH-46M???

Post by Don90250 »

Does anyone have any recommendations? EAA has part numbers and prices for everything except the grip.
jrmcdaniel

Post by jrmcdaniel »

http://www.airgunexpress.com/Accessorie ... 0-6000.htm has them for $125 and are, I assume, better than the original grips.
tmac

Custom grips for 46M

Post by tmac »

Airguns of Arizona sells the laminated grips by Steve Corcoran for $175 or order them directly from Steve at his "Blood Red Bows" website. Very comfortable, lightly stippled and nicely finished with a satin black stain. Nice tight one piece fit and includes a matching wood tip for the pump lever. Made a world of difference to me. Good picture on the AG of AZ website.
Bill177

Need replacement or original?

Post by Bill177 »

If you have the original grips, you might think of becoming acquainted with a Dremel Tool. With same, you can make very nice custom fitting grips from the blocks of wood that are purported to be grips on an IZH-46M as shipped new.

I won't bore anyone with the working details, as they have been presented on this and other forums several times. But, it is an economical and productive means to acquire custom grips.

However, if you would like more information about customizing the IZH-46M grips - send me an email.
Don90250

Post by Don90250 »

Thanks for the advice everyone.

jrmcdaniel: good idea for a southpaw, but I'm right handed.

tmac: good backup idea in case I really mess up the following:

Bill177: My grip has already been customized for me. Unfortunately, it was done before I understood how to position a palm rest for a barrel-heavy air pistol. I think the way to start is to use my trusty dremel to sand off the two ridges between the middle, ring, and little fingers. Then, build it back up with grip putty.
Bill177

You are on the right track

Post by Bill177 »

Yes - the nose heavy design is a consideration and the shelf must be placed properly before you start removing any grip material. I think this is why I see many 46s with the left side finger edge rounded uniformily rather than for single digits.

To smooth it out would be good and putting some filler in there and regrinding for single digits would fix the problem.

When using filler as a plan - I over grind, then put the filler in and immediately follow up with a latex glove covered hand of the shooter. This will imprint the fill material.

Then you do some monor cosmetic work and have a very custom fit.
GaryBF

IZH-46M Grips

Post by GaryBF »

FYI, the gunsmith at EAA told me that factory replacement grips are available for $50. You can call EAA at 321-639-4842 to verify.
scout18

Post by scout18 »

If a left handed shooter does end up with an IZZY you need to know that the trigger is canted to the right to assist the right handed shooter in reaching it. I do not know if there are left triggers available. Our kind host would probably know.
Russ

Replacement grip for IZH-46M

Post by Russ »

???