New Pardini .22 and .32 setup, spares and query help

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
PaulT

New Pardini .22 and .32 setup, spares and query help

Post by PaulT »

I have ordered a new Pardini .22 (electronic) and .32 (manual). This may seem a strange post but are the any tips regarding their setup/configuration or essential accessories/spares I need to consider.

My Hammerli SP20 frame has cracked, the third in our squad in as many years, however, we shoot our pistols about 20 times a year in total as we live in the UK and shoot in central Europe! This will be the first of hopefully other Pardini units in the squad so any heads-up to get me up and running would be very much appreciated.

As I have a custom grip can the .32 manual and .22 electronic grips be interchanged?
btw

Post by btw »

Just curious, what advantages does the electronic trigger have? I never used one.

By the way, I'm so sorry about having to travel into contiental Europe just to practice. I hope the situation will improve in the event of the Olympic games.
Ned

Post by Ned »

I am just curious about your firearm permit. Does it mean that you can get European firearms permit regardless the restrictions in your country ?

Ig you can get one, why do not you just cross the channel and go to shot in Belgium or France ?

Cheers,

Ned
victor6

Post by victor6 »

Paul,

I'll answer your question about spares. I try to keep -

Several recoil springs. Change them every 3k rounds, don't let them go any longer. (Note - this is for the SP ... don't know how often they should be changed in an HP)

Firing pin & spring

Extractor & spring

That is about all that can go wrong with a Pardini.

Cheers,

Victor
PaulT

Post by PaulT »

Many thanks Victor.
Any observations on the setup e.g. recoil springs would be appreciated.
Regards
Paul
trinity

Re: New Pardini .22 and .32 setup, spares and query help

Post by trinity »

PaulT wrote:I have ordered a new Pardini .22 (electronic) and .32 (manual). This may seem a strange post but are the any tips regarding their setup/configuration or essential accessories/spares I need to consider.

My Hammerli SP20 frame has cracked, the third in our squad in as many years, however, we shoot our pistols about 20 times a year in total as we live in the UK and shoot in central Europe! This will be the first of hopefully other Pardini units in the squad so any heads-up to get me up and running would be very much appreciated.

As I have a custom grip can the .32 manual and .22 electronic grips be interchanged?
Hi Paul,

I have 3 Pardinis, a SP, HP, and a SP New, and I've also ordered a SP One.

I bought a new grip for the SP One already, because I had a chance to get it custom fitted.

Since I don't have the SP One yet, I've put it the new grip on my SP New. It fits, although I had to do a little bit of tremel work to allow the rear sights to move freely. Other than that, it fits fine. So yeah, I have this grip for an electronic on the SP New, looks kinda funny with the battery hole open on the bottom.

I have not tried the new grip on my old SP. I suspect it will be fine, as my SP New's grip fit on my old SP. And of course the old SP and HP grips were interchangable.

One thing I do notice is the new electronic grip's rake angle has changed, it is even more relaxed now compared with the old SP/SP New grips. It takes some getting use to.

trinity
Axel

Post by Axel »

"I have 3 Pardinis, a SP, HP, and a SP New, and I've also ordered a SP One.
trinity"

What is a SP One?

/Axel
j-team

Post by j-team »

What is a SP One?
Shouldn't that be "What is AN SP1?"

That's the electronic trigger version by the way.
Axel

Post by Axel »

j-team wrote:
What is a SP One?
Shouldn't that be "What is AN SP1?"

That's the electronic trigger version by the way.
I'm so sorry, but my native language isn't english... I hope I have your permission to post messages anyway.
j-team

Post by j-team »

Axel

No offence was intended. Your command of a second language is far better than mine!
GI Kevin

Post by GI Kevin »

hmmm... AN 'Sport Pistol One' just doesn't sound right...

I think the non-native speaker had it right to begin with.
j-team

Post by j-team »

An SP1.

A Sport Pistol One.
crapgame

Post by crapgame »

victor6 wrote:Paul,

I'll answer your question about spares. I try to keep -

Several recoil springs. Change them every 3k rounds, don't let them go any longer. (Note - this is for the SP ... don't know how often they should be changed in an HP)

Firing pin & spring

Extractor & spring

That is about all that can go wrong with a Pardini.

Cheers,

Victor

Now why do you change the recoil spring every 3000 rounds if I may ask?
victor6

Post by victor6 »

crapgame wrote:
Now why do you change the recoil spring every 3000 rounds if I may ask?
The recoil spring seems to shorten about 1/2" after that amount of use ... I'd rather play it safe (replacing a $10 part) than risk breaking the frame.

Regards,

Victor
crapgame

Post by crapgame »

Hi Victor.Very interesting.Are you sure the half-inch shortening of the spring is not just normal "run in" wear?Have you asked pardini about this?Maybe I´ll check mine as well,I´ve had the pistol since jan. and put around 4-5k rounds through it.
victor6

Post by victor6 »

crapgame wrote:Hi Victor.Very interesting.Are you sure the half-inch shortening of the spring is not just normal "run in" wear?Have you asked pardini about this?Maybe I´ll check mine as well,I´ve had the pistol since jan. and put around 4-5k rounds through it.
I don't remember who it was who told me this information ... I have not asked Pardini. Given that the # of rounds of spring life is in the same ballpark as other semi-automatic firearms I own ... I didn't think to press it further.

Regards,

Victor
crapgame

Post by crapgame »

victor6 wrote:
crapgame wrote:Hi Victor.Very interesting.Are you sure the half-inch shortening of the spring is not just normal "run in" wear?Have you asked pardini about this?Maybe I´ll check mine as well,I´ve had the pistol since jan. and put around 4-5k rounds through it.
I don't remember who it was who told me this information ... I have not asked Pardini. Given that the # of rounds of spring life is in the same ballpark as other semi-automatic firearms I own ... I didn't think to press it further.

Regards,

Victor

Okay.I just don´t think that it´s necessary to change a recoil spring so soon.These type of competition pistols are made to shoot tens of thousands of rounds plus tens of thousands more dry fires with minimum maintenance.That I believe goes for most of the different makes of guns in this category.But I understand your point better safe than sorry,and the spring isn´t too expensive.Maybe I´ll change the spring when the warranty goes out:)
IPshooter

Post by IPshooter »

trinity wrote: One thing I do notice is the new electronic grip's rake angle has changed, it is even more relaxed now compared with the old SP/SP New grips. It takes some getting use to.
trinity
Trinity,

If you can, can you compare the grip angle on the new Pardini electronic pistols to a Morini 162EI? It sounds like the angles of the electronic grips may be very similar. The Pardini SP and HP were fairly close to the 162EI, but I'm wondering if the new electronic Pardinis are even closer to the Morini.

IPShooter
Tom

Recoil spring

Post by Tom »

Hi,

In one of my long conversations with the late Don Nygord, he advised me way back in 1985 or so to change out the recoil spring every 5K rounds or one year, whatever was sooner.

I have done that in all my Pardini's since then and have never had a cracked frame or any issues with feeding, ejecting or functioning I can blame on the pistols.

Tom
PaulT

Manuals?

Post by PaulT »

Many thanks all. Any scans of manuals for the <<new>> Pardini models would be much appreciated. I will have to “hit the deck running” with these given our very few days training overseas with any 25m ISSF shooting.