Questions about the 46m please. I have decided to buy one!

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jlochey

Questions about the 46m please. I have decided to buy one!

Post by jlochey »

Group,

First of all, let me say in advance, "thank you" to all that reply. I'm pretty green at 10m AP, but I'm finding that I love the challenge.

A couple questions please:

I have decided to move up to the 46m for something a little more serious. I mostly shoot 316/400 with my Beeman P3 and I think it could do better, but it broke and I am taking this chance to buy a 46m to move up to the next step.

I'm planning on having to get "acquainted" with the heaviness of this gun, but all in all, I think my scores should improve!

I was unaware that this gun can be dry fired? With no harm to it at all?

How about custom grips? Do they exist for it? Without costing as much as the gun? ; )

Thanks,

John
omegaman

Questions about the 46m

Post by omegaman »

Send your factory grips to Steve. He will fix them up for you or he can make you some new ones fit your hand. Just as good as most custom made grips.
His email is below
Stevejcorcoran@wmconnect.com
Bill177

Dremel tool and......

Post by Bill177 »

Some time and patience and you can custom fit those blocky Russian grips to any hand. Just don't take off too much at a time.

When you are finished with shaping, finish sanding using 100 then 180 to 240 grit paper. At least three coats of birchWood Casey Truoil. You must sand off the old finish and may want to stain the grips for color.

I have done several sets and they have all turned out very nice. I have not done any stippling - no one wanted it.

Your team going to be shooting in the 20/20 this year?
tmac

46M Help

Post by tmac »

Good luck locating a new 46M . . . they are getting very scarce. The best for the money by far however. Keep looking

Confirming other posts found on this site, my 46M has "survived" 1000s of dry firings yet when called upon to punch actual holes, still shoots better than I do. Simply unlatch the "hammer", lift to cock the triger/sear mechanism, relatch, and squeeze. Don't pump and fire without a pellet tho . . . you can almost hear it trying to spit out it's seals.

My 46M is now enjoying the life of semi-retirement, but months before I upgraded, I purchased a set of after-market grips that made an immediate impact on my scores. They are a nicely finished, lightly stippled grip, made of laminated stock, and stained black. Made by Steve Corcoran (mentioned here in another post), available in both RH or LH and a nice fit for my Large/XL hands. They are available from Airguns of Arizona ($175) or directly from Steve at his BloodRed Bows website. Seems an expensive addition to a $300 AP, but again, well worth the cost.
Eduardo

Re: 46M Help

Post by Eduardo »

tmac wrote:Good luck locating a new 46M . . . they are getting very scarce. The best for the money by far however. Keep looking

Confirming other posts found on this site, my 46M has "survived" 1000s of dry firings yet when called upon to punch actual holes, still shoots better than I do. Simply unlatch the "hammer", lift to cock the triger/sear mechanism, relatch, and squeeze. Don't pump and fire without a pellet tho . . . you can almost hear it trying to spit out it's seals.

My 46M is now enjoying the life of semi-retirement, but months before I upgraded, I purchased a set of after-market grips that made an immediate impact on my scores. They are a nicely finished, lightly stippled grip, made of laminated stock, and stained black. Made by Steve Corcoran (mentioned here in another post), available in both RH or LH and a nice fit for my Large/XL hands. They are available from Airguns of Arizona ($175) or directly from Steve at his BloodRed Bows website. Seems an expensive addition to a $300 AP, but again, well worth the cost.
What did you mean whit good luck locating an new 46M
are they not longer on sale???
what do you recomend me to do to get one of them
TomF

Post by TomF »

Do you know a dealer that has a new one for sale?

I think they are on permenant backorder at EAA.
scout18

Post by scout18 »

Hey there, I charge/pump and shoot my izzy with out loading a pellet all the time and the seals are still intact. Doesn't seem to me that it is a factor. The seals just act to keep the air channled to the pellet as far as I can tell. How about it Pilkington?