Any Inexpensize Air Pistol Repeaters?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
joe1347

Any Inexpensize Air Pistol Repeaters?

Post by joe1347 »

I was getting ready to purchase a Daisy 747 air pistol, but I really wanted a multi-shot/repeater. Of course, if I had >$400 to spend, there are several european models (e.g, the DRULOV DU-10 Air Pistol). But since my budget is <$200 and I wanted/need an accurate pistol with a good trigger, the Daisy 747 seems to be the only game in town. However, possibly I'm being a "target shooter snob" and some of the Gamo, Walther, or Crosman repeaters (among others) are actually quite good and I've ignored them since they are so "obviously" toys (i.e., built to look like centerfire pistols) and are not "serious" target pistols. Any suggestions - or should I quit procrastinating and buy the Daisy 747?
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Joe:

What do you want an air pistol for?

Plinking, informal competition, and formal competition purposes require very different types of guns.

Steve Swartz

(the 747 is probably adequate for plinking and possibly o.k. for informal competition)
joe1347

Post by joe1347 »

Steve Swartz wrote:Joe:

What do you want an air pistol for?

Plinking, informal competition, and formal competition purposes require very different types of guns.

Steve Swartz

(the 747 is probably adequate for plinking and possibly o.k. for informal competition)

Primary use will be inexpensive target shooting (in my basement), with the goal of improving my .22 bullseye pistol shooting skills beyond the occasional dry firing drills and trips to the local pistol range. I doubt that I ever would get involved in formal/informal air pistol competion other than an online match. The multishot feature seemed appealling since it would somewhat replicate bullseye .22 timed/rapid fire.
James

Post by James »

Twinmaster action.

The diecast colt, baretta, walther lookalikes arn't all that bad. I heard the cp88 is pretty accurate
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

There's no way you are going to replicate 22 cal TF/RF shooting with an inexpensive multishot air pistol. The trigger on the ones I have tried are really bad. Stick with a single shot and work on your trigger pull.
James

Post by James »

yeah, but you can practice getting the sight picture.