3X's Air Match

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

MarkR

3X's Air Match

Post by MarkR »

At Nationals I heard rumours of the 3X's Air being held the first week of Dec. this year. Has anyone else heard anything of this?

Mark
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

ooa 1-4 December
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

I was on the USAS website, but could find no info. How does one go about registering for this competition?

Fred
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Fred:

USAS says the forms and info should be up on the website next week. Hope to see you there!

Steve Swartz
F. Paul in Denver

Post by F. Paul in Denver »

Per Sergey - 3X air pistol is scheduled for November 30 thru December 5th of this year.

The programme will be posted on the web next week.

See you all there!!

F. Paul in Denver
Russ

@

Post by Russ »

@
Last edited by Russ on Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fred Mannis

Is Air Available at the 3X Match?

Post by Fred Mannis »

Because of all the uncertainty around AP air cylinders on airplanes, I plan to ship mine. Are SCBA tanks available at the match? Do I need just my adapter, or adapter plus SCBA valve?
F. Paul in Denver

Fred - SCUBA tanks were available the last two years I shot the match.

Adapters for the more popular AP's are available or borrowable but I would bring my own. I also bring a Hill hand pump in case of emergencies which I'm happy to share.

If you havent already arranged for someone to ship your cylinders to in Colorado, please feel free to send them to me. Now that you're coming to my neighborhood, I'm happy to get the opportunity to return the hospitality you showed me last year in NJ.

If there's anyone else out there in need of a place to ship cylinders, please let me know.

F. Paul in Denver

paul@figlialaw.com
(303) 670-4179
CraigE

How about CO2 availability?

Post by CraigE »

Am considering this opportunity. Practicing goes on no matter what. However, I am wondering if I should focus on the K58 instead of the K60 depending on the availability of CO2. Also, this form of competition is new to me.....excuse the ignorance.....please post a little about the way this type of match differs from normal international style mateches or NRA matches. TIA CraigE
F. Paul in Denver

Since my last post on this thread, I have received several emails from shooters all over the country wanting more information on the 3X air match. The following is my reply to one particular new shooter which may help others get a feel for the event:

Bill:

Regarding your question about whether the 3X air match is a good way to achieve your Olympic goal - the answer is YES.

First, you will be shooting next to the most talented shooters in the country and you will learn much just by participating, observing, listening and asking your own questions. You will probably meet some of the members of the US Olympic team.

Second, I'm not sure what the criteria is for participating in training day but if you can swing it, I highly recommend it. This is a wonderful opportunity to meet and get personal attention from our national olympic team coach, Sergey Luzov and many other world class shooters as well. You will be amazed at how much you can improve your shooting in just a couple of days. Training day will also give you ideas of what you need to work on even after you go home. This is a rare opportunity that many people cannot enjoy. You should email USA Shooting to see if you can sign up as QUICKLY as possible.

Do NOT be intimidated. Besides being some of the worlds best shooters, they are also the most gracious competitors. Additionally, there wil be many beginners and first time shooters as well. The competition is designed to help everyone shoot better and have a good time as well.

Here's a couple of links to help answer more of your questions:

To get a copy of the match program and an entry form, go to:

http://www.usashooting.com/competitions ... 202005.pdf

To get a copy of all the official rules regarding air pistol, go to:

http://www.issf-shooting.org/rules/rules_2005.pdf

This is a better link to a shorter version of the rules for air pistol:

http://www.usashooting.com/Disciplines/ ... sc.cfm#air

If you are thinking of buying a new air pistol and have not made up your mind as to a specific choice, you should consider waiting until you get to Colorado so that you will have the opportunity to see what other shooters are using. Then you can spend your hard earned money - at Pilkington's of course.

If you do not have the time to come in for training day, you can just come and shoot on the three competition days (Fri/Sat/Sun).

The TOP GUN match is the final match and is the most FUN. It is not meant to be taken seriously. Everyone is welcome to participate.

TOP GUN is essentially an elimination match. It consists of everyone shooting several elimination rounds after which the top shooters in each round move to the next round while the bottom shooters are eliminated. This goes on until only two shooters are left and they shoot the final round in which one is eliminated and the other earns TOP GUN.

WARNING: The shooters who are eliminated will sit in the spectator and are encouraged to boo and cheer for their favorite competitor. These spectators will hold up signs, make funny noises and even yell out good natured insults towards the competitors still shooting.

Like I said, this is meant to be a fun match. Last year, one particular shooter who took third place in the TOP GUN match actually dropped his pants and "mooned" all the spectators. Anyway, I hope you get the idea.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I hope you can make it out to a fantastic event.

P.S. One other benefit of coming is that you get to see one of the most beautiful places on earth - COLORADO!

Paul
R.M.

Post by R.M. »

Ah, Paul, you forgot to mention who the "Mooner" was.

R.M.
F. Paul Figlia

Post by F. Paul Figlia »

I claim attorney/client privilege..
Bruce Martindale

Crumbs!

Post by Bruce Martindale »

I don't mean to complain but the last match (which I attended) was in January. Placing it on a 11 month cycle and at the end of the calendar (and vacation ) year , kills my ability to participate. I wasn't able to plan vacation for it. A few weeks later and it would have worked out. I hope I will see you guys in Dec 2006 if the TSA crap is straightened out. I wonder how many others are caught short by this change?

Been a bad year...no Nationals, No Perry, only 1 2700, hope next yr is better. Good news, I can still shoot: Two State titles and almost a new National Record.

regards to all
PETE S

Post by PETE S »

Bruce, you were missed at the Nationals!

I agree that this is just a tough time of the year for those of us that are serious but not totally commited to international AP shooting. January and February tends to fit into a quiet time but I do not know how it fits for those competeing on the international circuit. Two years ago I meet the entire team going to germany on my flight out of Colorado.