Shooting prone... raiser blocks or not

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

demonloop

Shooting prone... raiser blocks or not

Post by demonloop »

How many of you use raiser blocks on the sights when shooting prone.

What are the advantages and disadvantages?
wrc

Post by wrc »

The riser blocks are on my rifle to make standing as comfortable as possible. (So I can shoot with a more natural "head-up" position). There's no way I'm going to fiddle with taking them on & off for prone, so they make prone a bit more challenging. I compensate by raising the cheekpiece in prone.
joydeepk

raiser block

Post by joydeepk »

I use alu stock for prone and find it comfortable using a raiser bl. though its not a mound of a kind but a moderate ht. could help i think. again the angle (rather height)of a prone position ,and the head position can vary alot and so does the need of a raiser bl.
regards...............................................joydeep
jonno

Post by jonno »

I tried them for a year in prone. After a really dismall season last year i took them off and threw them in the shooting cupboard with the rest of my accumulated " score improving " devices about 4 weeks ago, and my scores went back UP to there previous level. By all means try them for a few weeks but borrow a set, don't invest any money in them. I think for a dedicated 3p shooter they have benefits but for prone only there is not much to be said for them.

Jonno