Pardini SP Differences

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
PackN

Pardini SP Differences

Post by PackN »

I want to know what the difference is between the newer and older SP's??
Have heard the older ones had a lot of reliability problems! How can I tell visually the difference?? What should the pistol come with in it's case?? Thanks for helping a "Newbie" with his dilemnas!!

As Always Thanks in Advance,
PackN
sparky

Post by sparky »

I'm sure someone else can chime in with any features I'm missing, but the big ones I can think of are:
1. Spring-loaded counterweights in the barrel shroud: first none, then there were four, now the SP New has six.

2. Trigger Shoe: Old SP had a shoe you could move back and forth, and rotate at the mounting screw. SP New has a shoe with more adjustability (can be retrofitted to an old SP)

Regarding reliability problems, this is largely b.s. It probably stems from the fact that the SP has its ejector incorporated into the rear lip of the magazine. If you drop the magazine, you can bend it and cause reliability problems.
I've shot a thousands of rounds, varying from Federal Lightning high velocity to Eley match stuff and have only had one jam. It was a failure to feed caused by my going so long between cleanings that chamber got so dirty a round wouldn't fit. Once I cleaned the gun, no problems. Outside of cleaning the gun at least once every thousand rounds (I can be really bad about cleaning), I haven't had a single problem.
In contrast, my Walther OSP was a nightmare. I had double feeds, failures to extract, hammer following, you name it, I had it. I got it running right just in time for the Rapid Fire rules to change. :P

Really, almost any feed problem or ejection problem can be solved with a little tweaking.
Last edited by sparky on Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
j-team

Post by j-team »

The only Pardinis that I would suggest avoiding are the very old ones. They are the ones without the stripes on the frames (the stripes are actually strengthening ribs on the cast frames).

The current production now has a frame machined from billet so should be even stronger. The stripes are just cosmetic on these.

I am on my third Pardini (GP 1999-2004, SP 1999-2005, SP1 2005-) and rate them very highly.