NEW Rifle

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Ali

NEW Rifle

Post by Ali »

I'm in the market for a new competition Small bore rifle....what do you guys recommend? Which company? what model? Thanks !
Ali

I am now registered

Post by Ali »

I am registered now....just incase anyone need any additional info about me....thanks!
ksilver

Post by ksilver »

If cost isn't a problem, the barrel and action to go for just now seems to be the Bleiker, which is hand made and is quite expensive, in the UK the figures mentioned are around £1800.

Stocks are really down to personal taste, if you want an alloy stock the Grunig is quite nice as is the new HPS 703, personally I quite like the look of the MEC.
Ken
joydeepk

rifles

Post by joydeepk »

Ali,
I think the 19 series barrels from anscuetz r just fantastic.i use one and my scores have improved a lot after switching to it. moreover u get to avoid all headaches of assembing the system and stocks.anschuetz comes ready in a pack! go for it ...and shoot away
joydeepk
Bill Poole

Post by Bill Poole »

If it were me, I'd get a 2000 series like 2013 anschutz barrelled action in a Grunig & Elmeger stock.

I currently use a Stopper Stock. And the Anschutz 2313 ALu stock looks nice too. But it seems many olympic shooters (including the two american medallists in the photo on the poster on my wall at work here) use wood stocks.

You also have to select sights and inserts and a coat/pants/boots and sling & other stuff

selecting ammo takes work too.

Buying one will be an issue, tell us how easy it is to buy guns in Jordan, (I'd like to hear that just out of curiosity) if you are not a US citizen that is an option. If you are in the US on a student VISA it is the only option. If you buy overseas you'll need import paperwork before you bring it back here.

If you have a permanent residence (green card) visa in the US or are a citizen, then you can buy in the US but you have to fight MA laws, which might not be so bad for rifles (if you were a pistol shooter they would be!).

find a club where they shoot smallbore, find out what everyone is using (if they are all in their 70's and shooting winchesters and remingtons that have been out of production for 40 years you need to keep searching) find out the best way and place to buy a gun.

Shoot good

Poole
http://arizona.rifleshooting.com/