izh dry fire

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
lucky

izh dry fire

Post by lucky »

have izh 46m great gun also have lp-2 fantastic gun have been firearm
shooter for long time.problem when i dry fire the 46m after i pull trigger it takes from 1 to 2 seconds to get second click (what i would compare to the hammer falling on a firearm)otherwise no problem anyone had same problem.hope i explaining ok pull trigger 1 to 2 seconds later hammer falls.

Don90250

Post by Don90250 »

I was unable to duplicate the problem dry firing my 46M. Please describe the precise steps you take to dry fire yours.
lucky

izh dry fire

Post by lucky »

to don 90250
thanks for the reply only one everybody else must think im nuts

i know how to dryfire the izh have had it over a year now when i pull trigger to dry fire like i said trigger lets of a second or so later i get second click like the hammer releasing on a firearm. need ideas thanks
scout18

Post by scout18 »

Hi lucky, I have not had your stated trouble. When I dry fire, I charge the gun with air and line up and squeeze off my shot. The result is an immediate release after 510 grams of pressure on the trigger. There should be no delay IMHO. BTW I am shooting 9s or better at 7 meters with a scaled target. Wityh many touchers in the 10. can't wait for my next match. I also started dry fire training a couple of months ago and it has helped me alot by getting me into my concentration mode more easily and not have to worry about where my pellet hits. Once I am in the proper frame of mind and my hold and release are looking good throuhg my sights I start grouping pellets. good luck and get you pistol looked at.
TomF

Post by TomF »

Lucky, today is your lucky day! I can officially affirm that you are not crazy, at least about this.

I have the same problem with one of my 46M's. It does not affect pressurized shots, only dry fire without pressure.

I didnt worry about it. Then I cleaned my gun a little and lubed the trigger and strike area and readjusted the trigger and the problem was no longer there.

I did so much at the same time, cleaning, lubing, and adjusting the trigger pull, I am not sure what step solved the problem.

But you might just try readjusting the trigger to start.

Good Luck!

Tom
lucky

izh dry fire

Post by lucky »

THANK YOU TOMF,I AM CRAZY THANKS FOR LETTING ME KNOW I WAS NOT CRACY ABOUT MY PROBLEM WITH MY IZH 46M. WILL TRY YOUR SUGGESTIONS,THE ONLY THING I HAVE DONE WITH THE TRIGGER IS SET IT TO 550 GRAMS WELL ABOVE REQUIRED.
darticus

Proper dry fire procedure for this gun?

Post by darticus »

Is there a proper procedure?I thought this gun can't dry fire without pressure and pressure is no good when dry fire?Would like to know the safe procedure.
Fred Mannis

Re: Proper dry fire procedure for this gun?

Post by Fred Mannis »

darticus wrote:Is there a proper procedure?I thought this gun can't dry fire without pressure and pressure is no good when dry fire?Would like to know the safe procedure.
You are correct, the gun should not be pumped and fired without a pellet. However, it can be safely dry fired by simply pulling the bolt up to vertical, then pushing it down and locking it. This cocks the hammer and the gun can then be safely dry fired.

I have the same problem discussed earlier in the thread - a 1 sec delay in the hammer releasing. Have not done anything about it, since I like the way the trigger is set and I don't want to mess with it.

Fred

Post by Guest »

It is safe to dry fire PCP guns with pressure. It is springers that you should not shoot without some resistance of a pellet.

PCP's just shoot the air out the muzzle, no problem.
bruce

Post by bruce »

Anonymous wrote:It is safe to dry fire PCP guns with pressure. It is springers that you should not shoot without some resistance of a pellet.

But...............under ISSF rules, discharging air in this manner will result in a penalty of 10 points [ a miss ] , so you can't do this during your preperation time, or during the match.

Post by Guest »

bruce wrote:
Anonymous wrote:It is safe to dry fire PCP guns with pressure. It is springers that you should not shoot without some resistance of a pellet.

But...............under ISSF rules, discharging air in this manner will result in a penalty of 10 points [ a miss ] , so you can't do this during your preperation time, or during the match.
But.......nobody said anything about ISSF rules, or mention anything about dry firing during the preparation period of a match. Until now. Though your statement is correct, it is not relevant.

Re: izh dry fire

Post by Guest »

lucky wrote:THANK YOU TOMF,I AM CRAZY THANKS FOR LETTING ME KNOW I WAS NOT CRACY ABOUT MY PROBLEM WITH MY IZH 46M. WILL TRY YOUR SUGGESTIONS,THE ONLY THING I HAVE DONE WITH THE TRIGGER IS SET IT TO 550 GRAMS WELL ABOVE REQUIRED.
I want to make the same thing. Please, sir. Can you help me?
I have a baikal 46m from 2 month, it is great pistol, but I didn't know in wich directions i have to turn the screw to increase trigger pull.
In wich directions (right or left) i have to turn the screw? and of how much, half lap, 2 lap, 3 or 4?
Excuse me if i insert in this discussion so exstraneous.
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

Anonymous wrote:
lucky wrote:THANK YOU TOMF,I AM CRAZY THANKS FOR LETTING ME KNOW I WAS NOT CRACY ABOUT MY PROBLEM WITH MY IZH 46M. WILL TRY YOUR SUGGESTIONS,THE ONLY THING I HAVE DONE WITH THE TRIGGER IS SET IT TO 550 GRAMS WELL ABOVE REQUIRED.
I want to make the same thing. Please, sir. Can you help me?
I have a baikal 46m from 2 month, it is great pistol, but I didn't know in wich directions i have to turn the screw to increase trigger pull.
In wich directions (right or left) i have to turn the screw? and of how much, half lap, 2 lap, 3 or 4?
See this earlier discussion for an answer to your question viewtopic.php?t=13391&start=0&postdays= ... highlight=

Post by Guest »

Fred Mannis wrote:
Anonymous wrote: I want to make the same thing. Please, sir. Can you help me?
See this earlier discussion for an answer to your question viewtopic.php?t=13391&start=0&postdays= ... highlight=
The instruction given in this topic is a mistaken for me. Look aobut the pic of trigger mechanism, the motivating force works in traction and to increase pull the screw must be turn towards left. The post suggested to turn right, wrong for me.
So I'm looking for a confirmation of the correct direction to turn (and how many lap) from baikal 46m's owner.
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

Anonymous wrote:
The instruction given in this topic is a mistaken for me. Look aobut the pic of trigger mechanism, the motivating force works in traction and to increase pull the screw must be turn towards left. The post suggested to turn right, wrong for me.
So I'm looking for a confirmation of the correct direction to turn (and how many lap) from baikal 46m's owner.
I own an IZH46M, but have never adjusted the trigger weight, so cannot personally confirm correct rotation direction. However, looking at the picture of the trigger mechanism it seems clear that turning the screw clockwise will pull (stretch) the spring and this will result in increased trigger weight.

Post by Guest »

Please look the picture: the screw and the spring are connected from one bar fixed with a hinge. If turn the screw clockwise, the bar left to the hinge and from the part of the screw comes down, from the part of the spring goes up and therefore it diminishes the weight.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Guest,

I can see why you say this, since other pivot (hinge) points are marked with a cross in a circle. However I suspect that in this case the entire bar moves up and down on the screw thread and no pivoting/hinging is involved. With the relatively low forces at play, that would be a simpler construction method. Does that make sense?

HTH,
FredB

Post by Guest »

Fred wrote:Guest,

I can see why you say this, since other pivot (hinge) points are marked with a cross in a circle. However I suspect that in this case the entire bar moves up and down on the screw thread and no pivoting/hinging is involved. With the relatively low forces at play, that would be a simpler construction method. Does that make sense?

HTH,
FredB
Thank you sir, you understand my doubt. You can say also: why didn't you make test? Because i turn a lap clockwise and reverse, but didn't change anything on forces. Now before try more lap, i consider to ask to baikal owner with direct experience. Thank you.

Post by Guest »

clockwise to make trigger pull heavier. anticlockwise to make trigger pull lighter.