.22 SP New "Pardini"

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
cashye

.22 SP New "Pardini"

Post by cashye »

Has anyone seen or used a SP New .22 Pardini. I'm looking into getting one and would like some feed back. Good or bad.

Regards John.
Axel

Post by Axel »

I have one and it's very good. At first it felt a bit front heavy, but now I can not think of a better pistol - I love it and my results have improved.

Pardini and Lapua seams to be a winning combination. I've heard of some feeding problems with CCI ammo. I'm using Lapua Pistol King and Lapua Club - very nice and soft recoil.

Good luck,
Axel
PaulT

Post by PaulT »

Axel, is your unit a manual or electronic trigger. I liked the electronic unit I tried but understand reliability and battery life were issues?
Axel

Post by Axel »

I have the mechanic trigger, which is very nice and crisp. I have no opinions about the pardini electronic trigger since I haven't tried or seen one. Electronic means more things that can go wrong, I guess...

But I can see a big advantage with the electronic trigger when doing dry fireing for rapid pistol. <click> <click> <click> <click> <click> :-)
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Axel:

I'm sure you meant to say that with the electronic trigger there is *less* that can go wrong, right?

Less moving parts, less mechanical wear points, etc.

Steve
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Forget that. The electronic Pardini trigger has always been, is, and will probably always be ('til they see the light and buy the Morini system) - crap. Bunch of trouble. Not worth the money, not worth the time. Mechanical quality seems to go down, too, at least out national team reports big time feeding problems from 10'000 shots upwards...
Axel

Post by Axel »

Steve Swartz wrote:Axel:

I'm sure you meant to say that with the electronic trigger there is *less* that can go wrong, right?

Less moving parts, less mechanical wear points, etc.

Steve
No.

I trust mechanics when it comes to pistol triggers. They are good enough, why bother with batteries that can go empty etc... IMHO !

/Axel
teresammeyer

understanding

Post by teresammeyer »

I am looking for a pardini .22 SP also. The problem is that Larry guns cannot import the guns at the moment. The guns are great so not very many people want to sell the guns. Sorry, I feel your pain!!!
Teresa
potential .22 Pardinist

reliable cycling/battery life

Post by potential .22 Pardinist »

Several of my fellow shooters have purchased .22 pardinis lately. Mostly mech. versions, but two shooters have gone "electric".
The experiences are so far mixed:
With the electronic versions battery life is suprisingly short. I have not got an exact number of shots pr. battery set, but I hvae been informed battery life was shorter than anticipated.
A couple of the (mech) .22 Pardinis are not cycling reliably. Failures of both ejection and feeeding . These guns seem to prefer relatively "hard", yet "standard velocity" ammo like Federal Champion.
The electronic trigger have one benefit: The first stage (take-up) can be adjusted shorter than by the mech. counterpart.
By the way, the electronic trigger of Pardini feels great. Hope they can improve some on battery life.
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

I haven't shot the new Pardini yet. Our national RF champion is using one with the mechanical trigger and it works well. His previous pistol, a GPE with electronic trigger, worked well. He currently has an SP with electronic trigger on order as the electronic trigger is a big advantage in dryfire training for Rapid Fire.

All that having been said, I'm sticking with my MG-2! ;-)
IPshooter

Re: reliable cycling/battery life

Post by IPshooter »

potential .22 Pardinist wrote:Several of my fellow shooters have purchased .22 pardinis lately. Mostly mech. versions, but two shooters have gone "electric".
The experiences are so far mixed:
With the electronic versions battery life is suprisingly short. I have not got an exact number of shots pr. battery set, but I hvae been informed battery life was shorter than anticipated.
Aside from the short battery life, have they been happy with the electronic pistols otherwise? Have they proved to be functionally reliable?
Potential Pardini-ist

electronic feel

Post by Potential Pardini-ist »

To IPshooter: yes, the feel and repeatability is ok.
By the Morini APs, as most know, there is a red light, the on/off timing indicates the battery status.
By the Pardinis there is no indicator of remaining battery capasity or drop in voltage.
You simply do not know if the batteries will last for the whole match or not. And the gun stops with no warning.
One of the Pardini electronic "Rapid Fire" refused to work properly during a training session the other day, with no warning. A new set of batteries brought it back into business.
I think Pardini had better build some kind of indicator of battery status into the system.
IPshooter

Re: electronic feel

Post by IPshooter »

Potential Pardini-ist wrote: One of the Pardini electronic "Rapid Fire" refused to work properly during a training session the other day, with no warning. A new set of batteries brought it back into business.
I think Pardini had better build some kind of indicator of battery status into the system.
Thanks for the info. Sounds like a good idea to put in new, tested batteries before every match. Checking batteries over time with a volt/ohm meter might tell you how much usage can be expected out of a given type of battery. After a while, you should be able to get a good read on battery life.
sparky

Post by sparky »

Seems to me, assuming a set of batteries will last a match, just pop in a new set before a match. Use leftovers or rechargeables when practicing.
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

Those of us who are shooting Morini CM84 free pistols have already learned this trick. One battery for matches, one battery for practice, and a spare, just in case some dummy leaves the power switch in the "on" position.

As an aside, alkaline cells exhibit a pretty linear relationship between state of charge and voltage. Since the Pardini electronics use alkaline cells, all one needs to carry is a small voltmeter to check batteries. It takes about 2 seconds to check the voltage - new cells start out around 1.6 volts, and by the time they're down to 1.5 volts one should think about using them just for practice. And since the Pardini's use cheap batteries that are easy to replace, there's no excuse for having your batteries die during a match. The folks that have this problem are likely also the ones who don't have enough ammo to complete the match if there's a malfunction series to be shot. A little advance planning goes a long way toward shooting a trouble-free match.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Yeah, but it doesn't help that there are Pardinis that work down to 2.7 volt, and others that stop shooting below 2.9, which makes a difference of some 1000 shots. World class shooters got new electronics after the first problems, but go and try to get that for free as John Doe.
simbad

rechargable betteries not recommended

Post by simbad »

Rechargable batteries usually have a lover voltage than the standard 1.5 volts.
My Morini 162 E, which uses 2 small 1,5 penligt batteries, will not work with Ni-Cd recharged batteries or MeH batteries. The voltage is to low.

Has anyone out there some experiences over this matter?
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

Simbad - For the cost and the very low power consumption, I wouldn't even bother with rechargeables in the Morini. Two AAA cells per year would cost perhaps as much as $5usd or maybe even 5 Euros - about the same as two cups of coffee at the coffee shop. Not enough to worry about.

But... If you do wish to use rechargeables (and being an environmentally conscious person I sympathize with this approach), NiCad and NmH cells won't operate the gun for as long as alkaline cells because they do indeed have a lower intrinsic cell voltage as a result of their chemistry.

The solution in this case is to use rechargeable alkaline cells. I don't know if they are available in the European market, but North America there are several brands available. I use cells made by "Pure Energy". The come pre-charged and offer only slighly less endurance than high-quality single-use cells (ie Eveready Energizer, Duracell). The real benefit is that I've had as many as 25 recharge cycles on some of these cells. Initial purchase price is roughly twice that of premium disposable cells. But if you get even one recharge from them you're back down to an almost equal cost. At 20 recharges their effective cost is down to pennies per cell. And they also contribute far less to the levels of toxic chemicals in our environment.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Yup, but a 15 volt Morini usually works for 3 or 4 years if you remember to switch the thing off after every practice, so why bother? And it's obviously no solution for the Pardini problem...