Need suggestion for a good junior air pistol

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
ShinFLA

Need suggestion for a good junior air pistol

Post by ShinFLA »

Hi everybody, my son just started being interested in shooting air pistol recently. He's 11 and has been trying with my Morini 162E, of course, it doen't fit his size at all. since it's been a full month he's been trying out with an "uncomfortable" size gun for him, he hasn't shown any lost of interest, I decided to look for a proper size air pistol for him to get him start for more serious shooting practice.

So, I'd like to know your input on this. I'd greatly apprecite it! Thanks!
-Shin
PaulT

Post by PaulT »

We have had a lot of success with the Steyr LP2 in the 11-16 age group. I have both a long and short (in fact very short for 25m training!) 162ei but even with weights off and installing small grips, the balance and feel is not as good as the LP2 junior. The juniors did like the feel of the Morini trigger but the balance and overall results of the LP2’s was outstanding. The ability to adjust the x-y-z angles of the grip made setup quick and easy so as the shooter grows and stance changes, minimal work on grips is required.

In the UK, the LP2 is competitively priced compared to the Morini and some others. I have no knowledge prices outside the UK.

Great to hear more junior shooters moving into air pistol, good luck!
dflast

Post by dflast »

Shin,

I've just been through the very same exercise with my 12yo daughter. The practical options available in the US appear to be Tau7 jr and Steyr LP2 C (for "compact," Pilkguns catalogues it as LP2 Junior.) I'm already a Steyr shooter & invested in CA (Tau is a CO2 gun) and chose the LP2. We've been delighted: the XS grip is an excellent fit, the gun is light and well-balanced enough for her to one-hand comfortably and the single-lever mechanism easy to load and a snap to dry-fire. The dry-fire ease - no dry/live selector, no tools, no additional gadgets - makes it particularly suitable for training. Not cheap, though!

-David
Vanchaa

Post by Vanchaa »

Hi Guys
I am looking for air guns over internet. Morini 162 EI is cool and reliable. But price is high. Is there any website I can buy used one or cheap one. which gun should I buy?