position of the trigger affects on shooting how much

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
shradhapn

position of the trigger affects on shooting how much

Post by shradhapn »

during my last trial match i faced one problem that my gun was not settlingin in aiming area,i was doing that purposefully,result was that my shot were spraeding.
i ask one coacg there what will be the reason.he told me that grip and trigger finger should remain parellel.later i came to know that there was angle between this two, which was near about 45 degree.
does it really affect your performance that much that at one time you shoot perfect shot and at the same time tou shoot flyers.
F. Paul in Denver

Post by F. Paul in Denver »

Shradhapn:

I've never heard anyone place importance on the relationship between the trigger finger and the grip.

The critical issue for me with regard to trigger finger placement and grip is simply:

Whether the combination will allow me to move the trigger DIRECTLY rearwards so as not to disturb the sight picture.

I think if you can find this combination, the angle at which the finger lies in relation to the grip has little if any significance.

F. Paul in Denver
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

F. Paul in Denver wrote:The critical issue for me with regard to trigger finger placement and grip is simply:

Whether the combination will allow me to move the trigger DIRECTLY rearwards so as not to disturb the sight picture.
That sounds right to me.

With only 25 years target shooting experience at all levels I am considered by some to be a newcomer. This is the first time I have heard any suggestion that the trigger finger should be parallel to the grip. Without further explanation from the coach I would tend to put this in the "listen, consider and discard" category.