World Championships

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Bill Poole

World Championships

Post by Bill Poole »

http://www.issf-shooting.org/update/calendar.asp

shows for 2006 that the World Championships will be 23-Jul to 8-aug, 2006 in Zagreb. (I thought it would be munich)

I presume this is rifle & pistol.

When would the USAS team selection occur? at the June National's or in an earlier selection match?

Poole
http://arizona.rifleshooting.com/
Spencer C

Re: World Championships

Post by Spencer C »

Bill Poole wrote: I presume this is rifle & pistol.
Poole
http://arizona.rifleshooting.com/
Bill,
the World Championships is just that - ALL the ISSF events including Juniors.
Zagreb was awarded (elected) the WC at the assemblies in conjunction with the 2002 Lahti WC.

Rgards,
Spencer C
j-team

Post by j-team »

Does anyone know which (if any) countries are interested in the 2010 World Champs?

Spencer, perhaps you could push the ASA into holding is at SISC? After all it hasn't been held outside Europe since 1982!!!
Spencer C

Post by Spencer C »

j-team wrote:Does anyone know which (if any) countries are interested in the 2010 World Champs?

Spencer, perhaps you could push the ASA into holding is at SISC? After all it hasn't been held outside Europe since 1982!!!
SISC in its present form is nowhere near big enough. the World Champs are HUGE!(Are the photos of Lahti still available on this website?)

The facilities required in ISSF 3.5.1 are the minimum... and SISC has no 300M Rifle, or 50M Running Target ranges.

Nice thought, but I doubt that it will happen in AUS.

Regards,
Spencer
Bill Poole

Post by Bill Poole »

I thought Shotgun World Champs was a separate event, that's why I asked "rifle and pistol".

Will Zagreb hold Shotgun too?

any idea on how & when the US (R & P) team will be selected?

Poole
Spencer C

Shotgun World Championships

Post by Spencer C »

3.2.2 World Championships must be organized every fourth year, two (2)
years after each Olympic Games. Continental Championships should
be organized every two (2) years following the Olympic Games and
the World Championships. World Championships for Shotgun
Shooting may also be organized in the years following World
Championships and Olympic Games.
j-team

Post by j-team »

SISC in its present form is nowhere near big enough. the World Champs are HUGE!(Are the photos of Lahti still available on this website?)

The facilities required in ISSF 3.5.1 are the minimum... and SISC has no 300M Rifle, or 50M Running Target ranges.
The only thing smaller at SISC than was at Lahti is the 25m capacity (I was in Lahti and I have shot at SISC), just run a few more relays. 50m R/T and 300m could be held at a different venue (as has been done before).

Come on Spencer, organise it! Then I will only have a 3 hour flight instead of 20!
Spencer C

Post by Spencer C »

j-team wrote:

The only thing smaller at SISC than was at Lahti is the 25m capacity (I was in Lahti and I have shot at SISC), just run a few more relays. 50m R/T and 300m could be held at a different venue (as has been done before).

Come on Spencer, organise it! Then I will only have a 3 hour flight instead of 20!
Must have been a different Lahti Worlds that I was at:
100 bays of 50M, more 25M than SISC, a 10M hall that seemed to go on and on (and an additional separate 10M training facility at the venue), plenty of venue space for the various needed services; although 'separate' the 300M and 50M Running Target, and Shotgun were just up the way a bit...
... vastly different to SISC.

And then. (wait for it) who puts up the money? The Worlds are a BIG undertaking and it takes big bucks just to set it up - try getting a mega$ guarantor in AUS (or anywhere outside europe?) for a shooting event, ISSF GA, plus the other bits of a Worlds. Donations anyone?

Nothing is impossible, but...

Regards,
S