IT IS GOOD?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Eduardo Gaytan.

IT IS GOOD?

Post by Eduardo Gaytan. »

Hi, i realy love this dicipline, i am from Uruguay i have just 9 months practicing the 10 m Olympic shooting, but i wanted to share this whit you guys hopping you can help me .
For economical reason, i stared shooting whit a Gamo Compact air gun ( as you may all know this is a begginer pistol) , whit this gun i scored last week 525/600
Right now im thinking on get a new and better air pistol. an steyr LP10
mi question is.

does mi shooting will be worst ,dificult for doing a change from a begginers gun to a professional gun?

What do you think will happen on this change?

i really apreciate your opinions .

thanks
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Anyone who shoots 525 with a Gamo Compact after 9 months deserves respect.

You may find that a top target pistol is a bit heavier but I have little doubt that your scores will benefit from a better pistol.

Only you will know which of the top pistols will be most suitable for you.

Good shooting.
Axel

Post by Axel »

You will notice that the Steyr is much easier to shoot with, and you will get better scores, no doubt.

525 is a good result with a Gamo and 9 months of training. You have talent - just keep training! :-)
James Hurr

Target Air Pistol

Post by James Hurr »

You should do better with something like a Steyr, its by far a better pistol.
Bear in mind the balance point is completely different, on the Gamo its well to the rear, on something like the Steyr its well forward, and the grip is more raked.

This does not suit everyone, both factors put a lot more load on the wrist.
It will take some getting used to anyway. If its a problem then maybe a 'Junior' cylinder will help.

I think people tend to add more and more weight to the front, thinking this will improve stability, when a more rearward balance is sometimes better.