Super Pistol 250

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
WSmith

Super Pistol 250

Post by WSmith »

RWS seems to be offering a new .22 long rifle cartridge - .22LFB Super Pistol 250 - and is "coming soon" to ....

A German website lists the round at 270 meters/second (@886 fps) - ideal for the "new" rapid fire discipline.

When available, it won't be inexpensive - about $15.50/100. Ouch!

Has anyone experienced it yet?
Heidelberg guy

RWS 250

Post by Heidelberg guy »

I tried this based on the recommendation of my ammo distributor. He told me the German team was using it.

It shoots very soft, and I was pleased with it's accuracy, however, in my case it does not meet the chrono test.

I tested it out of a couple of different Walthers, and it averaged 243m/s. I spoke with some other shooters that use Pardinis and they had similar experiences.

I have been using Eley Pistol Match, and have no problems with it. It chronos at 270m/s, with a max deviation of only 14m/s out of my GSP Expert.
Ernie Rodriguez

Re:Super 250 .22 ammo

Post by Ernie Rodriguez »

Rws used to make ammo called FP50-I think.Is this the same stuff,with different packaging??The specs seem the same.Ernie
David M

Post by David M »

My latest ammo test data.
(average velocity from 5 shots)

Pistol........................Morini Cm22..........Tesro T22
RWS Pistol Match............294.....................277
RWS Super50..................261....................230 ***
Eley Match Semi-auto......285....................285
SK Std Plus......................287....................268
Federal Target 711b.........289....................274
Federal Champion............303....................288

*** Failure for Rapidfire minimum velocity

The difference between the pistols is the barrel length (the Tesro is much shorter 113mm)
j-team

Post by j-team »

David

Have you tried Lapua Pistol King?
David M

Ammo Test

Post by David M »

Correction for Tesro = Eley Match Semi Auto.....267 m/s
No, I have not tried any Lapua, to hard to find in shops.
Futsker

Re: RWS 250

Post by Futsker »

Heidelberg guy wrote: ...
I tested it out of a couple of different Walthers, and it averaged 243m/s. I spoke with some other shooters that use Pardinis and they had similar experiences.
Small barrel lenght. Walther GSP Expert barrel length is only 4,528" (115 mm), Pardini SP - 4,724" (120mm).

Try Walther KSP 200 (153mm), SAM22 (150mm), Matchguns MG2 (152mm), Feinwerkbau AW93 (152mm), or russian IZH-35M (153mm), IZH-HR-30 (153mm).

I tested RWS 250 with (50 shoots):

IZH-HR-30 - 256 m/s avg
IZH-35M - 255 m/s avg
AW93 - 253 m/s avg. (-6 +7) m/s, 4 shoots under 250 m/s.

I think that pistols with a short barrel and front magazine is not suitable for rapid fire shooting under new rules.
j-team

Post by j-team »

I think that pistols with a short barrel and front magazine is not suitable for rapid fire shooting under new rules.
So, which pistol is Alifirenko using? One with a short barrel and a front magazine me thinks! I also think that short barrel and front magazine has won all the World Cups this year.
Spencer C

Post by Spencer C »

Caution

Testing of batches of various ammunition over a chronograph for RFP has given some big velocity differences between inividual pistols OF THE SAME MAKE AND MODEL.

Just because a shooter gets 250+mps with brand X ammo in brand Y pistol does not mean that all brand ammo X will pass in brand Y pistols (shades of the experience of IPSC and Action shooters?)

Spencer C
Futsker

Post by Futsker »

j-team wrote: So, which pistol is Alifirenko using? One with a short barrel and a front magazine me thinks! I also think that short barrel and front magazine has won all the World Cups this year.
Up to new rules Alifirenko shot from "Khaidurov" HR-79 (long barrel, rear-side magazine), from this pistol he has won Olympic "gold" in 2000 and "bronze" in 2004 (and won some more tens other competitions). Now Sergey shoots from MZ-57-1, it's a unique Russian standard pistol of a high class (IZH-35M in Russia is considered a pistol for beginning and world class shooters do not shoot from it).
But, I think, that in the near future Sergey will replace the pistol. I know that Efim Khaidurov already developed a new standard pistol specially for Sergey. And this pistol has long barrel and rear-side magazine.
dhurt

Post by dhurt »

I hope some of these pistols will make it to the U.S. for some of us to play with. Thanks for the input.
j-team

Post by j-team »

Futsker,

We are not talking about what happened with the .22short pistols, but what is happening now under the 2005 rules.