Rifle choice???

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

shift

Rifle choice???

Post by shift »

In your personal opinions which of the following rifles would be the best choice:

Anschütz 9003 Premium (with the price being high)
Walter LG300 Alutec
Hämmerli AR50 Professional line
or wait for the Steyr LG110
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

I would go for the Anschutz. I got to try one of th new ones out and they are nice. There is also the 8002 which is basically a lower end 9003 as I understand it.

http://jga.anschuetz-sport.com/pm/detai ... ect=jga_de
metallyrob

Post by metallyrob »

I personally shoot a AR50 Alu Professional and it suits me very well.
If you have the possibility/opportunity try/shoot all of the mentioned rifles and buy the one that suits you best. There are no bad rifles out there. Everyone of the mentioned rifles are top class (and top dollar)

Just my 5 (euro)cents.
Greetings

Robert

Rifle Choice??

Post by Guest »

I personally use a Walter LG300 Alutec, and it shoots great!! A Walther would leave a lot more money in your wallet!

Post by Guest »

I shoot AR50 but not for too long as I got a new rifle. Personally I love the rifle but I was dissapointed by the company. I still think that the AR50 has the best loading mechanisms and is on of the most ergonomic. You oly need to change the grip to switch from left to right handed. There is also something to be said about the Haemmerli sights, extremely precise and make the package very attractive. If you go with it get the AR50 Pro as for the realativelly little extraover AR50 but you get alu cylinder and alu tube. The plastic one mine cannot be fastened properly and it is really annoying. Also make sure that the grip can se secured in the position firmly, also a problem with mine. The trigger on AR50, is good once you get it adjusted properly. It took me quite a while and I could not do it without a a help of a licenced technician. AR50 does not have a dry fire mechnism. You can dry fire by loosening the cylinder. Rifle is well balanced and can be balanced for the shooter iwth all the extra weights. The recoil absorber is excellent.
That's for the rifle itself. As far as the companyis conserned I was deeply dissapoined to get no suuport from them going on an international event. All the the other guys were there, but no Haemmerli. They aslo do not train the technicians so you might have to send the stuff to factory to get it fixed in case you have a problem. Basically there is something fishy about teh company these days with them being sold and having to move the factory and the story goes on. I said too bad cause they make good guns...
To make to long story short I would buy either FWB or Tesro. I do not like the FWB loading system(fat finger syndrome), so I bought a Tesro. The only two Air rifles with all machined(milled) parts.
That's my little more the$ 0.02
Cheers
Asmir
mjfa

Post by mjfa »

All top end air rifles are excellent, and what mostly set them apart is the shooter/owner, who should choose the one that is more apealing to himself/herself, fits better their body shape, shooting posture and budget. My vote goes for the Anschutz 9003, because it nicely fits this criteria for me.
Last edited by mjfa on Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Joseph

Post by Joseph »

the 9003 is really nice, but I don't think it's worth anything close to what it costs. Yeah, it doesn't recoil with the soft break, but...I'm not convinced that's a good thing. And, to take the action out of the stock properly, you have to take the front barrel support off the barrel. Or, you can take a chance on bending the pins that hold it to the stock.

The action mechanism is great. And other than the lack of recoil, it feels basically like a 2002.

There is no way, however, to make it completely left-handed, because the adjustments for the buttplate and cheakpiece don't move to the other side. The AR50 also has this problem.

The 8002 does not have the recoil absorber and is basically the 2002 with a new loading lever and a stock that actually can be switched to completely left-handed. The attachment brackets for the buttplate and cheakpiece can be reversed. The only reason I care is that I'm left-handed.

Walther's fine, but I don't think it's anything special.

I don't trust Hammerli or Steyr. I don't at all trust the Hammerli break down stock and I watched one break during the spring selection match last year...to the point that no one could fix it. Apparantly, part of the action is held together by these special washers, and...if they break, you have to get them from Hammerli. So, unless you carry around an extra action or the right spare parts, you're out of luck.

I like Feinwerkbaus because the stocks seem to fit more people. And all the actions are so similar, which one you pick doesn't matter that much. They'll all group well enough. The differences is in the stocks, and I honestly think that FWB makes the best by far.
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

My daughter wants a 9003 because of the cool stickers! I think she'll be keeping her P70 though.
mjfa

Post by mjfa »

the 9003 is really nice, but I don't think it's worth anything close to what it costs.
Joseph,

I do respect your opinion, but at the actual $$$$ vs €€€€ exchange rate, really don't see much price difference between the FWB 700 and the Anschütz 9003, at least here in the USA. I have shot both for awhile before buying and decided on the 9003 for the reasons previously stated.