What Anschutz rifle to buy?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Bullseye

What Anschutz rifle to buy?

Post by Bullseye »

I am cannot choose betwwen the 1912, 1913, and the 2013 rifles. Which rifle is the best buy for a college shooter?
Hap Rocketto

Anschutz to Buy

Post by Hap Rocketto »

Presuming that money is no barrier I would suggest either the 2013 ot the 1913. They are both good rifles. You will have to make the choice of aluminum or wood stock-a very personal decsion in my mind.

The 1912 is an excellent free rifle, somewhat smaller and with less bells and whistles than its bigger cousins, that was designed to meet ISSF requirements for a ladies rifle when the old standard rifle rules for ladies was abandoned.

If you have limited expereince in this area, and your quation suggests you might be in that situation, it is my opinion that you would be well served by physically handling all three and getting a feel for them.

Everybody will have an opinion, but yours is the one that count, and experience is invaluable in the decision making process.

Good Luck.
TWP

Post by TWP »

I guess it depends upon how big you are and how serious of a shooter you plan on being.

We've had a few high school aged kids get 1912's recently. They shoot real well with them. For a smaller statured shooter they are excellent.

But I notice that the Olympic and top college level shooters mostly use the aluminum stocked rifles like the 2013 (or comperable Walter and FWB's). If your goals lie there why get anything else.
1912 fan

Post by 1912 fan »

Jason Parker uses a 1912
http://www.pilkguns.com/intjp.htm

Post by Guest »

Cost aside the difference is in the weight. A wood stocked1913 or 2013 will weigh a couple of pounds more than a 1912, this is somewhat reduced with the alu option.

If you are 6' 3" and 16 stones either 13 might be better, being that little bit harder to nudge off target. If you're 5' and 7 stones the 15-odd lb of a wood stocked xx13 would almost certainly be too great.

Is the rifle for prone or 3-P?

I think the best advice, and already given is to try them.

Tim S

Exeter UK
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

One other option is the short barreled 2013. I have a 2013 and it came with a short barrel and bloop tube. I picked up a long 2013 (can't remember the exact length) barrel for it. I find I prefer the balance of the light barrel. It is much like a 1912 I think.